Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karl Robinson

Comments

• I watched part of the MK Dons for AFC yesterday and they showed Karl shaking hands with the oppo at the time.  My god, he was lot thinner back then. He has put on so much weight. 
  • Rudders22 said:
    I watched part of the MK Dons for AFC yesterday and they showed Karl shaking hands with the oppo at the time.  My god, he was lot thinner back then. He has put on so much weight. 

• Mind you, it was from the side.... am I right in that he never played top level football? 
  • Brought both Bowyer and Gallen to the club. We should be wishing him well.
    Thank him for leaving so freeing us from his one dimensional football and allowing a far better manager to takeover.

Did a bad job and left badly.
    Don't disagree with the weaknesses of his football, but he did play a part in our success. Not saying we should worship the guy, or even praise him. Just maybe we should be a bit kinder towards him, given that he DID bring Bowyer and Gallen into the club.
    No
  • Sad to see Oxford there... Not... Wish I could meet that prat again who said see you next year cretins after the game in April, and the prats who gave it large on the bus back to Oxford.... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Rudders22 said:
    Mind you, it was from the side.... am I right in that he never played top level football? 
    His playing career

• So he couldn't even get a game at very low league level? 
  • Sad to see Oxford there... Not... Wish I could meet that prat again who said see you next year cretins after the game in April, and the prats who gave it large on the bus back to Oxford.... 
    Wanky club
    Wanky fans 
    Wanky manager. 
    Agreed mate... Some berk on the bus was even going through the history of the games since we last beat them.... 
  • Rudders22 said:
    Mind you, it was from the side.... am I right in that he never played top level football? 
    His playing career

Can't quite see that, could you make it a big bigger?
  • edited September 2019
    Brought both Bowyer and Gallen to the club. We should be wishing him well.
    Thank him for leaving so freeing us from his one dimensional football and allowing a far better manager to takeover.

Did a bad job and left badly.
    Don't disagree with the weaknesses of his football, but he did play a part in our success. Not saying we should worship the guy, or even praise him. Just maybe we should be a bit kinder towards him, given that he DID bring Bowyer and Gallen into the club.
    No
    Just shows that some of us are not as ungrateful as others. Are you trying to say he didn't bring Bowyer and Gallen to the club? I thought it was a matter of fact in the same way as Robinson has limitations as a manager.
  • Scoham said:
    Rudders22 said:
    I watched part of the MK Dons for AFC yesterday and they showed Karl shaking hands with the oppo at the time.  My god, he was lot thinner back then. He has put on so much weight. 

who hasnt!
  • Why the obsession with him ?. He certainly Isn't the worst manager we've had in our history . He isn't even the worst manager we've had in the last five years . I  for one ' wish him well because he has always spoken highly of Charlton .

Having said that , Oxford United and their awful three sided ground can do one!
    More shocked by the obsession over his weight - I’m sure all the stallions on here are able to judge fairly
  • Sponsored links:

• Why the obsession with him ?. He certainly Isn't the worst manager we've had in our history . He isn't even the worst manager we've had in the last five years . I  for one ' wish him well because he has always spoken highly of Charlton .

Having said that , Oxford United and their awful three sided ground can do one!
    Was more interested in doing media work the day we played and lost 3-1 @ Millwall when he'd have been better preparing for that game

Effectively engineered the move to Oxford by putting the fans through some shocking performances in an effort to get sacked so he didnt have to resign

Of course he had to do the latter in the end as Roland dont care enough to sack someone but isnt the point
  • 2 threads on him currently.

@AFKABartram
  • edited September 2019
    One dimensional donut, eating knob
    Fixed ;)

Edit: Sorry, I've had a lot of wine and shed 50 years off my age
  • Brought both Bowyer and Gallen to the club. We should be wishing him well.
    That’s correct. I don’t understand those who can’t let it go. As bad a manager as he was, his staff appointments have worked out incredible for us.
  • Rudders22 said:

Received a career-ending injury while with Everton I believe when he was quite young.
  • I said my bit about him following the night Sanogo got sent off after our draw with MK while KR was still their gaffer. Karl's post match comments annoyed me at the time. But when he came here and after meeting him a few times he is actually a decent bloke. But he was just a bit rigid in that formation. I wish him well though.
  • Pretty sure he brought through Lookman, Konsa and first to see Aribo’s talent without ruining him... 

Tactics weren’t great but no need to hate the fella