Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Can You Help the Charlton Upbeats? - Upbeats Day April 16th 2016

Comments

• Options
    T.C.E said:

Just did a practice 8.5 miles with both dogs and got a toot and "Thumbs up" from elderly lady driving past who then pointed to her chest. I guessing she agreed with the Tee shirt or I've pulled! ;)
    https://www.justgiving.com/charltonupbeatsday2016image

See, CARD even makes you more sexually attractive to women ( well, possibly elderly short sighted ones, but let's not get picky over the details eh)
    Nice one Ray, I did a Walk Round Maidstone A Lot which was about 5 miles. Should be ok- ish for next week ;-)
  • Options
    thanks to the ever popular Anon
  • Options
    Just home - and in for £50. Sorry I can't do the walk, but huge appreciation to those who do.
  • Options
    Over 4k now, this what we do...
    https://www.justgiving.com/charltonupbeatsday2016
  • Options

Slowly edging up. Many thanks to

Solidgone
    Ellisaddick
    Henry Irving
    Boom
    Alex Wright
    PaulBaconSarnie
    MrOneLung

and others, much appreciated.

If Alex Wright donated the money he has taken off me playing poker you would hit the £10k mark :smiley:
  • Options
    Still got my (@Dazzler21) £50, cash.
    Who is best to give it to ?
  • Options
    Can i make a payment via paypal?
  • Options
    Really want to do the walk but not sure I can this year as have scheduling issues which I will try and sort.

We had a really good time last year the best bit wasn't the legends (sorry) it was the Upbeats speech at the start and them going past us in the van and cheering us on. if ever we needed a feel good Charlton experience this is probably a great way to fo it. So if you are thinking about it DO IT!
  • Options
    Badger said:

Can i make a payment via paypal?

Hi Badger, follow the link and it gives you the Paypal option. ;)
  • Options
    Many thanks to Davo and Anon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just made my donation.
  • Options
    (I think) the walk is finishing by the Rose of Denmark, and I'm sure I heard @Tracey say that Big Carl is going to buy everyone a pint at the end of it :-)

I reckon we should stop at every pub on the way for refreshments ;-)
  • Options
    @Riviera pretty sure the route passes your pub on the way so you might want an early open with a tressel table outside :-)
  • Options
    Thanks Badger and the The Willoughby's

Just £20 short of reaching £1k boost for the day.

Go on, you know you want to...
  • Options

@Riviera pretty sure the route passes your pub on the way so you might want an early open with a tressel table outside :-)

Bottle of wine with a straw sounds perfect ;-) heard it's great for muscle relaxation
  • Options
    Tracey said:

(I think) the walk is finishing by the Rose of Denmark, and I'm sure I heard @Tracey say that Big Carl is going to buy everyone a pint at the end of it :-)

I reckon we should stop at every pub on the way for refreshments ;-)

Thats not the way us primed athletes prepare or take part for these events, myself I've been on the Johnny Vegas diet. Secrets tapes of Davestorry working out in the gym have been released. ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzPOTXnbClI
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    What's a gym ?
  • Options
    @TCE ha ha. Love that! We haven't met but you will recognise me like this

• Options
    On a serious note Chris Parkes and I have been sponsored over £800 so far but it won't show on the total amount raised until after the walk.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just donated. Well done everyone concerned.
  • Options
    Tracey said:

On a serious note Chris Parkes and I have been sponsored over £800 so far but it won't show on the total amount raised until after the walk.

Thats great Tracey so 5K as it stands. :)
  • Options

Riviera will put a can of Fosters out especially for you AFKA.
  • Options
    CherryOrchard, 3blokes, anon and Titon Elevators have "lift" ed the total to 4.8k
  • Options

Slowly edging up. Many thanks to

Solidgone
    Ellisaddick
    Henry Irving
    Boom
    Alex Wright
    PaulBaconSarnie
    MrOneLung

and others, much appreciated.

If Alex Wright donated the money he has taken off me playing poker you would hit the £10k mark :smiley:
    Sadly. Lost it all to @sadiejane1981
  • Options
    Thanks Bromley Graham and Anon
  • Options
    Donated a sou or two. Assume ok to just turn up and walk according to what my legs are up to on the day?
  • Options
    With a promised 800 quid to add, the total is heading towards 6k.
    https://www.justgiving.com/charltonupbeatsday2016
  • Options
    I was promised £50 from a couple of mates in the pub last night on the condition I go to the derby game afterwards - bastards.
  • Options

I was promised £50 from a couple of mates in the pub last night on the condition I go to the derby game afterwards - bastards.

How are Roland and Katrien? ;)