Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joshua v Martin

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Well that was a demolition. AJ may have got the fight early, but only in terms of other boxers and their progression.

He's a prodigy, he's a champion and I think he'll wrap up this division in the next 2 years.

Edit: thank you @Rokudan that link to the YouTube stream worked perfectly for me. Cheers.
  • Options
    Hopefully he'll get the WBA champion Lucas Browne lined up over here next if he's not stripped of the title
  • Options
    Not a massive boxing fan but always end up paying for that chuff
    That Martin fella didn't wanna known, took the money and ran
  • Options
    I said that Martin's body language seemed strange at the weigh in earlier in the week and I am convinced that once he felt the power of AJ he just called it a day and took the money and ran
  • Options
    Martin could have got up didnt fancy it and nore would I, machine
  • Options
    Tony Thomposn next please
  • Options
    Thompson!
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Tony Thomposn next please

Why on earth would he fight Thompson and what has Thompson done lately to deserve a shot? He's lost four out of his last six.
  • Options
    Does seem like Darren Barker's defence. Did think it was strange for Martin to take such a tough first defence.
  • Options
    I really think Martin and his team knew he got lucky with the Glazkov fight, and knew he would likely lose his title on the first defence regardless who he fought. Maybe he could have snuck in a really shite voluntary but ultimately sold his world title to the highest bidder.
    Still massive credit to AJ as you can only beat what's put in front of you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2016
    People talking about Haye being Joshua's next fight. Why????? Did not think Haye was a crowd puller and a top heavyweight these days.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

People talking about Haye being Joshua's next fight. Why????? Did not think Haye was a crowd puller and a top heavyweight these days.

British ex-Champ trying a comeback v the new British champ?

It's an easy sell.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Haye is a crowd puller, its the only thing he's still world class at.
  • Options
    The slow-mo of that second KO was awesome - properly shook the shit out of him.

AJ is a bit of a monster
  • Options

Does seem like Darren Barker's defence. Did think it was strange for Martin to take such a tough first defence.

Barker's hip popped out. Weird comment.
  • Options

Barker's hip popped out. Weird comment.
    I also think Barker and his team knew full well he was injured and had absolutely no chance of winning that fight and sold it to Sturm.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    So hard to tell how good Joshua is until someone of decent quality - and I don't mean Dillian Whyte - lands one right on his jaw and he has to dig really deep.

Those of us of a certain vintage remember how Frank Bruno was being touted as unbeatable until a certain Jumbo Cummings all but knocked him out in the second round but Bruno recovered to win - only for Bonecrusher Smith to finish the job in the next fight.

As Mike Tyson says, "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."
  • Options
    edited April 2016

So hard to tell how good Joshua is until someone of decent quality - and I don't mean Dillian Whyte - lands one right on his jaw and he has to dig really deep.

Those of us of a certain vintage remember how Frank Bruno was being touted as unbeatable until a certain Jumbo Cummings all but knocked him out in the second round but Bruno recovered to win - only for Bonecrusher Smith to finish the job in the next fight.

As Mike Tyson says, "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."

Haha. So true about Jumbo.

I remember Bruno standing in the middle of the ring with his legs tapping out like Ed the counting horse.

It was an amazing recovery from him.