Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gareth Thomas - Blake's 7 - RIP

edited April 2016 in Not Sports Related
RIP. Another one gone. Loved Blake's 7 - even the dodgy sets. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36041534

Comments

• edited April 2016
    RIP, loved Blake's Seven despite crap acting and effects
  • Great show RIP
  • Loved it as a kid and was too young to pick up on the crap acting.
  • RIP,Loved Blakes 7 as well :(
  • A family used to sit a few rows in front of me about ten years ago in the covered end. Their family name must have been Blake because both kids had it on the back of their replica shirts. They both had the number 7 underneath too. Their dad obviously had a sense of humour and anyone over thirty got the joke. I'm guessing the kids were oblivious.

• Was just thinking about Blake's 7 in the week when I added it on the TV programme repeat threads.
    RIP.
  • edited April 2016
    I nearly added this one to the TV Programme repeat thread. Does anyone know why it was seven, as Blake never had six mates to help him against the evil federation?
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2016

Does anyone know why it was seven, as Blake never had six mates to help him against the evil federation?

[geek]Blake, Avon, Villa, Gan, Cally, Jenna were 6, the 7th was Zen[/geek]
  • Thanks! I thought Zen was one. Then they ot anotehr computer didn't they (Orac) so they were Blakes's 8.
    Man, i I had a brain, I could be the new Sheldon Cooper.
  • Bloody hell. I can't ever remember so many deaths of well known people. It's like an epidemic in the last 6 months. Unless, it's just my age. RIP.
  • edited April 2016
    RIP

• Sad news, I just remember watching it, but more one of my dad's Favourites! RIP Gareth
  • edited April 2016
    I loved it too - well written and intelligent. R.I.P. Blake. As an aside - I think Avon was one of the best sci-fi fictional characters ever.
  • Awesome theme tune too RIP Gareth
  • I enjoyed this programme. In fact I named our football team after it; Remon. I can't remember the relevance now but wasn't their onboard computer named Something like Remon?

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• I loved it too - well written and intelligent. R.I.P. Blake. As an aside - I think Avon was one of the best sci-fi fictional characters ever.

Everybody wanted to be like Avon, but deep down knew that they were really like Vila!
  • Found my old Liberator

image.jpg 1010.6K
  • RIP. I'm a Sci Fi fan but Blake 7 was god awful.
  • Found my old Liberator

You sure that's not your wife's old liberator???