Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CUP FINAL TICKETS

When are these bloody football associatons going to get head out of their asses and stop shafting fans at Cup Finals.

Liverpool v AC Milan 17,000 tickets each - absolutely scandalous considering both teams attendances. Then you see tickets on the internet for 1k plus. Where the hell do these companies get the tickets. I totally understand Sponsors should have tickets I agree with that but there must be 1000's of tickets on the black market. It is bang out of order.

Man U v Chelsea FA CUP FINAL - 25k each - again scandalous for the same reasons above. yet i heard somewhere these ticket agencies were selling tickets in the "neutral" area. WTF is that all about. Again sponsors should have tickets but they must be able to limit that to 10k.
MY ref association every year sends out a memo saying put your name down for the cup final ticket ballot - that proper winds me up - if i did it and won i would sell at face value to a fan of one of the clubs - i couldn;t bring myself to go but I am sure there are plenty of people that would.

Back to the CL final I see Liverpool have been appealing to UEFA for more tickets and have been given knock back.

Anyway rant over

Comments

• Options
    Agree with you mostly - At least the FA cup doesn't give as high a percentage to sponsors and companies as UEFA does for the champions league though. I
  • Options
    Wembley has around 17,000 debentures without whose money upfront the construction would have taken even longer and been even more expensive, for their money they get a guaranteed seat at every Wembley match, you can hardly take their money and then tell them they can't go to the Cup Final.

For the European Cup Final I suggest giving tickets only to Liverpool fans born in or around Liverpool who are also season ticket holders. That should weed out the glory hunters and bring the numbers down to 17K.
  • Options
    Chelsea couldn't sell their tickets for the semi final, 6,000 empty seats at Old Trafford, so f*** em
  • Options
    true rothko very true - but i mean as a whole it is wrong it will happen every year.

BFR- I forgot about the debentures things - hopefully those people will pass them on to "fans"
  • Options
    On sky sports last night they showed a breakdown of the champions league tickets and something like 4000 were going to the Greek FA. 4000 WHAT'S THAT ALL ABOUT!
    Also Ledge - you say that the debenture people will hopefully pass their tickets on but if you'd paid thousands to get a seat at every wembley game surely you'd want to go to the games? Especially the first major one?
  • Options
    20k of the cup final tickets go to the FA family. What's all that about?
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I liked the comment from some nob at the FA the other day who said that tickets for the fans of the finalsists is up by 1500.

Wow, 1500, the ground only holds 16,000 more than Cardiff

Should have been 70,000 for the fans - 40k United, 30k Chelski and 20k corporates
  • Options
    i was told milan will be returning 6000 of their allocation. they should go straight to the liverpool fans if it's true.
  • Options
    Yeah but they said they can't give them to liverpool due to segregation so they'll go on sale to 'neutrals' who will in reality be liverpool fans anyway