Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Victoria Wood

2»

Comments

• Options
    Oh FFS. One of the very best. Dinnerladies was one of the best sitcoms going. RIP and thanks for the laughter Victoria.
  • Options
    Stunned! RIP Victoria.
  • Options
    Yet another shock.

Yet another taken way too young.

A naturally funny and brilliantly talented woman.

RIP
  • Options
    An OMG moment.
    RIP.
  • Options
    Tremendous shock. An incredible talent. This is turning out to be a truly crap year. RIP Victoria, you were a classy woman.
  • Options
    Oh dear. How very sad. An unbelieveable amount of famous deaths in the last 6 months.
  • Options
    wow - was only watching a documentary about her life earlier this week. What a crap year it is becoming.

RIP
  • Options
    The best female comedian, the only one that ever sounded natural. So sad. RIP
  • Options
    Great is a word when describing people is sometimes stretching a point but not in Victoria Wood's case. She was a one off a seriously talented funny lady, by god she will be sadly missed.
    Rest in peace Victoria, I loved all that you did.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very sad. RIP Victoria. I loved that droll humour she had. :-(
  • Options
    RIP... too young by far.
  • Options
    completely agree with Henry's remarks

so sad
  • Options
    She went to the girl's school across the road from me. Coming from the same place and about the same time there was an lot in her manner and work to which I could relate - I'll miss her a lot.
  • Options
    Very talented both as a writer and performer. RIP
  • Options
    RIP A very funny lovely lady
  • Options
    A very funny lady, a class act, didn't need to swear to get a laugh, I'm shocked and saddened and cant really believe she has gone. Go and make God laugh Victoria and may you Rest In Peace.......condolences to her family and friends.
  • Options
    Not weekly,
    not meakly,
    Beat me on the bottom with the Woman's weekly.

Some of finest comedy lyrics ever heard.

RIP Victoria, you brought pleasure and happiness to so many.

• Options
    Rizzo said:

Enjoyed her standup but must confess to being left cold by Dinner Ladies. Just never found it even remotely funny. RIP though. Far too young!

I have to confess to watching it more for Maxine Peake than anything else.
  • Options
    A lovely lady. Let perpetual light shine upon her.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Omg I'm in shock! So so sad to hear this terrible news! Thoughts are with her family and friends, she was one of my favourite comedians RIP Victoria
  • Options
    Dreadful news. Such a wonderful talent.
    RIP Victoria.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Such a shame.

RIP.
  • Options
    R.I.P. Typing that too often :(
  • Options
    RIP great lady
  • Options
    It's only April and there seem to have been more and more unexpected (at least for me) talented and famous people dying than I can remember in a whole year before.

I had thought it was only a matter of time before we saw something else brilliant from Victoria.

Very sadly not to be.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Shocked. Loved her drole sense of humour. Far too young to be taken away. RIP Victoria.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Enjoyed her standup but must confess to being left cold by Dinner Ladies. Just never found it even remotely funny. RIP though. Far too young!

Takes all sorts, as we say... :neutral:
  • Options
    "My boyfriend had a sex manual but he was dyslexic.
    i was lying there and he was looking for my vinegar."

Victoria Wood Paved the way for French and Saunders,
    and every Female writer and comic since.
    A great Artist but a very down to earth Lady who didn't do
    the Red Carpet, look at me Diva Performance.

The only thing she had to declare was her talent.

RIP Victoria