Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Bard and C.A.R.D.

Saturday will be notable for three things:
The huge protest at the Valley against the Regime.
St Georges Day.
The anniversary of William Shakespeare's birth.

The three events are connected by the Bard's immortal words:

"This day is called the feast of St George.

He that protests this day, and comes safe home, will stand a tip-toe when this day is named, and rouse him at the name of St George. He that shall protest this day, and see old age, will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours and say "To-morrow is Saint George’s Day.". Then will he strip his sleeve and show his #WeWantOurCharltonBack stickers and say "These stickers I had on St George's day."

Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot but he'll remember, with advantages, what feats he did that day. Then shall our names, familiar in his mouth as household words— Afka the King, Irving and Airman, Addicted and Plum, Davo and Curb-it — be in their flowing cups freshly remembered.

This story shall the good man teach his son, and St Georges Day shall never go by, from this day to the ending of the world but we in it shall be remembered.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For they to-day that protests with me shall be my brother; be he never so vile this day shall gentle his condition, and gentlemen in England not at The Valley shall think themselves accursed they were not here and hold themselves cheap while any speak that protested with us upon Saint George's day."

Comments

• Options
    Do not forget the gentlemen with the STVV fans not only in England, but the arm of Saint George will reach out to Belgium tonight.
  • Options

Do not forget the gentlemen with the STVV fans not only in England, but the arm of Saint George will reach out to Belgium tonight.

I sense you are "Greyhounds, straining in the slips"

Set fair the wind for Belgium. Good luck to all.
  • Options
    So, Roland as King Lear, anyone???
  • Options

So, Roland as King Lear, anyone???

Lear and RD on the same page - How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is to have a thankless child/ungrateful fans ....
  • Options
    Sterling stuff on St George's Day. Fans up for the fight.
  • Options
    Prince Hamlet's advice to Ophelia, KM: 'Get thee to a nunnery!'
  • Options
    How now, what news?
    Stands Scotland Belgium where it did?