Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dogs

Not one to preach but our dogs just came back from the dead in the past week, literally.
They asked us if we wanted to put her to sleep on Tuesday night as she was really bad, had to transfer her to a night vets and told she might not make the journey to Thames mead.
She deteriorated badly from being fine to haemorrhaging huge amounts of blood in the space of 12 hrs.
To cut it short she was on a drip for 4 days and has thankfully recovered, well, at about 80% now.
Reson I'm posting is there has been an unusual amount of cases in sidcup/Falcon wood, about 10 in 2 weeks with all the same symptoms, not all the dogs have recovered.

Just look out for the early signs of being sick and blood in their poo and get them there ASAP, we nearly left ours too late, they reckoned another half hour and she would have been dead by the time we got there.

If you live in the area and haven't got pet insurance I'd really recommend it as cost us a small fortune this week. .

Comments

• Glad your dog's ok. Was the very able to give any indication of what the cause was, or what was wrong with it - obviously hemorrhaging blood, etc, but what is that a symptom of?
  • They suspect gastroenteritis, no toxins, foreign bodies. or poisoning in the blood tests etc

Obviously they wanted to examine further on and establish for more stuff with experts but we'd already gone over £2.5k and couldn't afford for further investigation.
  • Could it be lungworm?
  • Just to add, she is only 5 and in perfect health until Tuesday.
  • Vets didn't mention lungworm once, bit more severe than that, I'm sure they are used to lungworm cases and would have mentioned it I think?
  • Vets didn't mention lungworm once, bit more severe than that, I'm sure they are used to lungworm cases and would have mentioned it I think?

My dog has lungworm about 6 years ago, first I knew about it was he was haemorrhaging blood from his nose.
  • Hers was from her but mate
  • Glad your dog is OK Charltonparklane. My Greyhound started haemorrhaging blood a few weeks ago (when he was going for a poo) so I know how frightening it can be. The vets thinks he may have picked up a bone which ruptured his insides. Has there been any reports of people putting down treats filled with poison in your area as I know this goes on.
  • Had the same thing with my lab.all ok now glad your dog is ok