Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Brighton match thread 23/4/16

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    Share your frustration RM keep your chin up better times are coming and thanks again on behalf of all US fans who are sometimes in the dark as to what is going on matchday sometimes.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Oakster said:

Oakster said:

SDAddick said:

Been up most of the night with food poisoning, not been a good week for my body. Was sick at halftime and now feeling better.

Don't think it's quite as bad a match as some are saying. We definitely have quality. How much of our struggles is Riga's shortcomings, and how much is the team he interhited/having to build a team in February is something we'll never know the full answer to. Really hope this isn't my last time seeing Teix, Johann, and Diarra in a Charlton shirt. Both are just a class above. Wouldn't blame either for leaving, but they ooze quality.

I just don't understand why every excuse under the sun is wheeled out for the long term network employee Riga when he has barely improved on the rightly ridiculed Fraeye. He's had more time, much better players & yet we are much worse off.

I always thought he was the acceptable face of the network - is he also now the acceptable face of mediocrity.
    I'd hardly say it's every excuse under the sun but people are more forgiving of him because he a) did a good job last time and b) was handy the really shitty end of a shitty stick when he arrived.

True he was given a rag to wipe it clean, but it was an old rag.

I haven't really seen anyone vociferously defending his record time because he has failed, but just like when some people wanted Powell gone, others can see extenuating circumstances for the poor results. And also just like with Powell there is a period on his CV to suggest there might be something there as a coach.
    comparing Riga even remotely to Powell is a joke - sorry Exiled but an absolute joke
    Im not comparing them, I'm comparing the circumstances around why people still have a bit of faith in them.

Riga did a good job earlier in his time with us as did Powell. Powell achieved a lot more, of course he did, but the point is he showed he can do a good job under the right circumstances. That's why people defended him when his results were bad.

In better circumstances last time, Riga kept us up. That is why people are less judgemental of him and blame others because he has shown he can do the job that was needed when the circumstances are right.

The circumstances are appauling this time and that largely was not his fault. Yes he has some blame but so did Powell when we were bottom of the league, doesn't mean either of them were the main cause of the problems around them.

So no, it's not an absolute joke.
  • Options

well that's it for me....I'll do the last home game...but unless something changes that is me done for the match threads, thanks for following them....I'll take the summer off and hope and pray their is a change of ownership or strategy....if not then I'll be back when it changes.

and what good will that do RM?
    Help his blood pressure and his mood? I really appreciate his work in the match threads, but if he's not enjoying it then we shouldn't be guilt tripping him into continuing.
  • Options
    Thanks Red.
  • Options
    Well played Red.

Have a good summer.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!