Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Media coverage of Brighton match protests.

2»

Comments

• Options
    cafc999 said:
    SE7toSG3 said:
    I dont miss some of the threats and abuse that's for sure but this I accepted came with the territory, the sense of achievement, empowerment that we did have a voice and comraderie made it feel worth while however. 

Right now, I am very happy with a future of just watching my team again and consigning the protests to memories. 

The Burnley game will live long as one of those. What a day! 

The day the sofa died
    Did TK ever catch the culprit that destroyed the sofa? I know he was keen to find out who it was
    I think a few hundred played their part in sofagate. 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    SE7toSG3 said:
    I dont miss some of the threats and abuse that's for sure but this I accepted came with the territory, the sense of achievement, empowerment that we did have a voice and comraderie made it feel worth while however. 

Right now, I am very happy with a future of just watching my team again and consigning the protests to memories. 

The day the sofa died
    Did TK ever catch the culprit that destroyed the sofa? I know he was keen to find out who it was
    I think a few hundred played their part in sofagate. 
    Think there is a statue of the ringleader up at the National Portrait Gallery.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    cafc999 said:
    SE7toSG3 said:

The day the sofa died
    I heard the words of that unknown hero were "you'll never take me alive, copper"
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Glad it's over and we will eventually just go to games and just moan about results not owners
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Wishing death on people was unacceptable.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I don’t miss any of it to be honest, glad it’s all over, we’ve still got a club, and at the moment appear to have landed on our feet with a decent caring owner, who respects the fans (not customers).
    All the protests will be remembered, a shame it had to come to that.  However, the owner knew best.................
  • Options
    I thought St Truiden was a really nice place. Plenty of good bars and restaurants, a beautiful square, Wim's hotel, countryside to walk in and, of course, the home of 'The Cosmopolitan Chicken Project', with on site chooks. I couldn't stand the ferry (managed it once) so used to go by train and stay over in Brussels. Found an amazing vegan restaurant which I used to go to, the botanical gardens were worth a visit and I used to sit with a coffee by the Cathedral. I miss the opportunity to go there. I often wonder what we would have done if the panademic had been a few years earlier.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Your right, that's exactly what was wished on my son when I was planning the unity march in St Truiden by one idiot. 
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    SE7toSG3 said:

Your right, that's exactly what was wished on my son when I was planning the unity march in St Truiden by one idiot. 
    Had no idea about that. Unbelievable. 
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    SE7toSG3 said:

Disgusting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davo55 said:
    When I see what the so-called Big 6 club's fans have been doing this week, I must admit to thinking we did a pretty good job of our protests.
    I was thinking exactly the same. At least they turned up but there was no coordination, theme or clear intentions of what they wanted apart from, “we want our Tottenham, (insert other),back “ chant. Whatever that means, I’m not sure they know either. 
    No whistles, pigs, crisps, sprouts, balls or originality but I suppose they’ve had so good for so long I doubt many of them could see shit ever happening to them. 
    I would like to think last week has focused a minds of these legacy supporters of what could happen but we all know how delusional they were and will be again in short time. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Davo55 said:
    When I see what the so-called Big 6 club's fans have been doing this week, I must admit to thinking we did a pretty good job of our protests.
    “we want our Tottenham, (insert other),back “ chant. Whatever that means, I’m not sure they know either. 

Finishing mid table in the prep with the occasional league cup final?
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    I was thinking exactly the same. At least they turned up but there was no coordination, theme or clear intentions of what they wanted apart from, “we want our Tottenham, (insert other),back “ chant. Whatever that means, I’m not sure they know either. 
    No whistles, pigs, crisps, sprouts, balls or originality but I suppose they’ve had so good for so long I doubt many of them could see shit ever happening to them. 
    I would like to think last week has focused a minds of these legacy supporters of what could happen but we all know how delusional they were and will be again in short time. 
    In fairness, to the best of my knowledge the CAFC protests were a long time in the making - these fans had a few days.

We are incredibly fortunate in having a group of active fans who are clever and dedicated, but lets not suggest we are unique, or that others couldn't (or wouldn't) do the same if they had to.