Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SILENT PROTEST V BURNLEY - stay away Protest just this one game OR a pitch Invasion!

Think it would be a good idea to have a Massive Silent Stay Away Protest for Charlton v Burnley by having a completely empty ground. All those fans who say they won't miss a game should really try and give this game a miss so that the Home areas are Completely Empty of fans. This match is likely to be on TV so a Stadium completely empty of fans would also symbolise to our Great Leader and the wider football world just what he has done to our club & what is in store for him next season. No hospitality/ beer / pies / programmes sold. The Valley would resemble a Morgue devoid of any life and importantly NO MONEY being spent whatsoever.

Comments

• Options
    But Burnley fans will fill it.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I think the protests up till now have been brilliant but imagine the embarrassment this would cause Meire and the other apolgists when visiting Burnley Directors see an empty ground. + No Income for RD. What do you mean by Havoc ? The only real Havoc would be a pitch invasion but Charlton supporters are too mild mannered for this.
  • Options
    Yep - biggest protest - kitchen sink and sofa
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited April 2016
    There's sky cameras and it is good to see Charlton supporters are not going quietly. Boycott of games are really starting next season. Too late for the boycott game idea for the last game of the season. It won't be consistently supported. Not a starter, I don't think. The Sky cameras will be concentrating on the celebrating Burnley supporters & not sparsely populated Charlton stands.
  • Options
    What are the consequences for an individual if there is a pitch invasion?
    How easy is it to get sufficient supporters onto the pitch.

Sitting down and linking arms works very well as it makes it very difficult for people to remove protestors, it also keeps it peaceful. For me, this seems the most logical thing to do, the game has to be halted. But I am not au fait with the issues involved.
  • Options
    I agree with the OP that it would make a brilliant statement, but being realistic, there's no way it would happen, so let's knock out on the head. I would like the whole of the second half of the Burnley game to be like the last 5-10 minutes of the Brighton game, i.e. a seething pit of hostility and aggression.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    The only real way to "cause Havoc" is a Pitch invasion then. Consequences - possibly arrested and chucked out, possibly a ban for a period. Probably worth doing for the impact it has for a live game on Sky.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think under the circumstances that KM and the regime apologists would delight in the silent boycott approach. It would be far less embarrassing for them than the weird matchday experience they are currently getting.
  • Options
    Swap/buy your tickets for the west stand and take the protest directly to KM/RM; bring your beach balls too!
  • Options

I like the idea of chucking the sofa on the pitch !

This is the best idea ever
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Swap/buy your tickets for the west stand and take the protest directly to KM/RM; bring your beach balls too!

this is the way to go. Make them have to vacate the directors box.
  • Options

I would like to see the sofa set on fire and chucked on the pitch.
  • Options

If by sofa you mean KM then I agree
  • Options
    There will be a massive police presence for this game, because of concerns about the Burnley fans' reaction to disruption.
  • Options

Disagree. It's the last home game, it'll be live on tv, it should see the biggest protests yet. Plenty will be staying away/boycotting next season so this is one last chance

Boro v Brighton will be the live game.
  • Options

There will be a massive police presence for this game, because of concerns about the Burnley fans' reaction to disruption.

What a shame, that will cost a fortune!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Announce that it's going to be paint bombed during the game, and see if anyone will sit in it...
  • Options
    Give your ticket to a Burnley fan and go to the pub.
  • Options

Disagree. It's the last home game, it'll be live on tv, it should see the biggest protests yet. Plenty will be staying away/boycotting next season so this is one last chance

Boro v Brighton will be the live game.
    They will probably show two.
  • Options
    I must say that as a former supporter of Halifax Town that upsetting Burnley has a certain attraction but they do have a history and I am pretty sure they had protests against their own board back in the 1980s when they nearly went out of the league - so an appeal for reason and solidarity might at least be tried first.