Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stewarding at recent home games

It seems to me the majority of stewards are just watching things unfold before them - doesn't seem to be any stomach to intervene.

Seems like nearly all those working for the club don't support the ownership - feel genuinely sorry for anyone who has to work for them.

Comments

• Options
    Agreed, at the Derby match it almost kicked off between 2 middle aged Derby fans and 2 young Charlton. A young lady was pleading with the steward to intervene and he just stood there and watched. It took a couple of sensible headed guys to calm the situation. 10 minutes later the Calvary arrived ... #useless
  • Options
    Would you "get involved" for minimum wage?
  • Options

Would you "get involved" for minimum wage?

No but sometimes you get some stewards who enjoy giving it out.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Dunno there was a Steward in front of me who looked really pissed off at having to pop all the balloons.

He was constantly telling the Bexley Schools that any balloons that went past him would have to be popped and was as good as his word when one escaped one kid prior to the match even starting!!

Was even funnier @ HT when he tried to stamp on one shortly into the 2nd Half which didnt pop and jumped up and nearly hit him in the face instead
  • Options
    Stewards are not interested as had a complete arsehole of a Charlton fan have a go at fellow supporter for standing in the North Lower yesterday.He didnt even ask him to sit down just threatened to knock him down if he didnt sit down,he was standing like myself because everyone else was which was pointed out to the no hoper of a human so he just got more angry and grabbed the bloke.Anyway all calmed down after words exchanged but stewards just turnt a blind eye to it all and even noticed a steward looking then turning away.
  • Options
    Aren't the stewards in orange not allowed to intervene in physical disputes, isn't it only the guys in blue that can get involved.
  • Options
    I heard that too yesterday but surely they can do something?
  • Options
    Remember the ones in orange jackets are there for insurance purposes only. They are paid bugger all, the fat heads in yellow are the ones who like to get grabby.