Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Live tonight

Comments

• Options
    Where's the gif.......
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    No Louis Mendez? Has he been dropped for spilling more beans about the regime or taken an early holiday????
  • Options
    cfgs said:

1StevieG said:

No Louis Mendez? Has he been dropped for some reason or take an early holiday????

RD had him loaned to Pykeylive in the medway towns.
    Nearly spat out my tea!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Mention of the Charlton Live post season special. They will need to start on Saturday night to finish at 8:30 Sunday evening.
  • Options
    I don't think they get it. People like me who haven't renewed are doing it for love of the club. I am doing what CARD have asked - you need one leader. In a war you cant have everybody doing their own thing!!!!!
  • Options
    For goodness sake who is that that just talks all the time about his views!
  • Options

I don't think they get it. People like me who haven't renewed are doing it for love of the club. I am doing what CARD have asked - you need one leader. In a war you cant have everybody doing their own thing!!!!!

Something like Charlton live has to be moderate in order to appeal to a wide audience. Not sure what was said, but understandable in my eyes. If it was me I would avoid that particular issue.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I think the protests should be ramped up to the max for Burnley. I am up for it even though I haven't taken part in any of the planned stuff so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Us being moderate is just what the owner wants!
  • Options

Yeah that confused me a bit too. I would rather go back to the Valley to watch the games and protest if I knew my being there wasn't benefitting them....my absence is nothing to do with the tosh on the pitch or turning my back on the club. I've gone up to pre match protests and stood outside or gone to the pub during the game til the post match protests a couple of times....that's not me losing interest or turning my back.

I have probably more interest and concern for the club than I have had for years and boycotting paradoxically is testament to that.

The only reason I'm boycotting is so I don't pay the tossers a penny. If there was a hole in a gate I could sneak in without paying them any money I'd be back in a shot.
    I've been getting under 11/under 18 tickets recently (depending on how annoyed I am feeling) in order to give them as little money as is possible.

Go through the turnstiles when they are busy and no one will notice.
  • Options
    I don't think anybody said that not renewing was the wrong thing to do. In fact I'm sure the message was, that we all should understand every fans actions whatever they might be as they are carried out because of the love for our club.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

For goodness sake who is that that just talks all the time about his views!

Me probably, point taken!
  • Options
    Sorry I missed the live record. This still isn't showing up as a podcast for me, is it up yet?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Sorry I missed the live record. This still isn't showing up as a podcast for me, is it up yet?

Louis is still getting home after his night out with the Ultras, it went on until after nine last night so he's struggling a bit this morning. ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2016

I don't think anybody said that not renewing was the wrong thing to do. In fact I'm sure the message was, that we all should understand every fans actions whatever they might be as they are carried out because of the love for our club.

I'm firmly of the belief if we all unified in a temporary boycott/ non renewal it may have really forced his hand to sell soon. But as was outlined on the show those who have renewed have done it for the love of the club.

And that's the one weapon/ element of power the bastards have over us is our unquestioned love for Charlton.
    And we love Charlton too - I have been supporting them since I was a boy - not renewing is a sacrifice. If we all loved the club so much we weren't willing to put ourselves out, we might as well all give up. That isn't to say not review later, I'd be more understanding of that, but renewing now!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

I'll be uploading it tonight - apologies for delay - I was up until midnight typing up reports from yesterday. (Nobody's idea of fun!)
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

SDAddick said:

I'll be uploading it tonight - apologies for delay - I was up until midnight typing up reports from yesterday. (Nobody's idea of fun!)
    I assume this was after the champagne celebration in the Palace dressing room? ;)
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

SDAddick said:

Thanks Nigel..... :wink:
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

SDAddick said:

Not good enough who's side are you on ;-)
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Just listened to the show (fair play gents, must have been difficult to put together) - but I have to say I can't agree that this squad is only a couple of players away from a top half Championship finish and I think it's a dangerous myth that I've heard others peddling. It won't serve us well going into the next season to overestimate the quality of our squad. Yes we've beaten some decent teams (QPR, Hull, Sheffied Wednesday) and had some decent performances (Rotherham away) but whilst Fraeye was abysmal, the gap to safety has grown (almost doubled) under Riga and we were terrible under Luzon (remember the 3-0's?) - the common denominator is this squad, put together by we all know who.

I would imagine all the teams down near the bottom have a decent result and performance or two but ultimately, over a 46 game season, you pretty much end up where your squad belongs and let's be honest, we are absolutely miles from safety - it wasn't even close. Trying to continue to claim that we're two players from being competitive in the Championship just doesn't wash and papers over the vast number of cracks in this squad.

It all depends on the two players, though.

I'm thinking of Suarez and Messi....
  • Options
    They wouldn't help with our inability to defend at set plays though. Might mean we had plenty of high scoring draws, and make us more fun to watch, but not necessarily competitive.
  • Options

Yeah that confused me a bit too. I would rather go back to the Valley to watch the games and protest if I knew my being there wasn't benefitting them....my absence is nothing to do with the tosh on the pitch or turning my back on the club. I've gone up to pre match protests and stood outside or gone to the pub during the game til the post match protests a couple of times....that's not me losing interest or turning my back.

I have probably more interest and concern for the club than I have had for years and boycotting paradoxically is testament to that.

The only reason I'm boycotting is so I don't pay the tossers a penny. If there was a hole in a gate I could sneak in without paying them any money I'd be back in a shot.
    I've been getting under 11/under 18 tickets recently (depending on how annoyed I am feeling) in order to give them as little money as is possible.

Go through the turnstiles when they are busy and no one will notice.
    What cantersaddick neglects to tell you is that he's nine years old.
    Well I'm actually 21 but I look about 15 so you are not far off! ;)