Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How long before RD goes?

Sincerely hope he goes before next season and before the club is further dismantled. My worst fear is he'll just continue out of spite with the fanbase disappearing and the protests eventually running out of steam.
Desperate state of affairs....

Comments

• Options
    The flippingest chump of all
  • Options
    I honestly think he will be around a lot longer.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I honestly think he will be around a lot longer.

With you on that one.
  • Options
    He ain't going anywhere.
  • Options
    we are in for the long haul!

Unless we step up the protests!

• Options
    Well it's clear it's all out war ... So as we continue to be creative we will find a way, turning up at people's door begins to make it more personal and we will continue in that vain ... Personal, law abiding, yet absolutely clear .... He will crack, yet the club will be a shattered mess when this C*** leaves and we, the fans, will rebuild ... Similar to back to the valley ...

It was always going to happen really, to get taken over by the worst owner ever , a lesser fan driven club would fold under the pressure ... We will persevere ... We will win ... Even it if means trips to Belgium making this morons life hell.
  • Options
    How long before RD goes?

Less than 24 hours, assuming his bowels are regular. And he's got a nice supply of toilet paper to use now.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I agree with Ricky and Dicky.

Unless someone pays more than we are worth for a league 1 team.
    I can't see why he would sell now we are relegated.

In his deluded way he will be as Clueless about League 1 as he was about
    the Championship. He thinks that the U21 team this season will be OK for next season, Plus Lennon, Fox,Pope and THD.
    Maybe Keep Jackson as Captain.
    Hardly anyone else will be left.
    Roger Johnson !
    We haven't even reached our Nadir yet.
  • Options
    Reckon the only way to get him out quicker would be more heavy handed protests. Attempting to storm the directors box was a good start. They won't like it up 'em.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Sadly believe he is not going anywhere. I wonder if he is determined to either prove his way works in the end, or failing that just to spite the protests and to show fan power won't work twice. His valuation of the club is absurd, his appointments dire, his interference unchecked. If he really wanted to turn things round he would have got rid of Meire a long time ago ... she's been toxic for months. If he really wanted to turn things round he never would have sanctioned Fraeye, let alone the other network chumps.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    His master plan is to run the club into the ground and sell the Valley for £250 million, move us to a small 10,000 capacity.

Feels me with dread.
  • Options
    Well Belgium is the way to go - he really doesn't like us being there! it was obvious this time! but without CARD and other Big hitters helping us it is a futile fight!

The protest fund helped us with costs but CARD could have helped us by mentioning the joint protest in all the Brighton protest media statements.

I dont know why they didn't?

Lets put this in context - we got STVV to protest with us - we got into the stadium again and displayed the banner in front of live TV and national media!

We flyered Rolands flat - Katriens house - and her parents house!

And even local papers back here haven't reported it!

Yet 8 people turning up to the valley last Thursday was in the SLP and news shopper!

I just dont understand why?

• Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Well Belgium is the way to go - he really doesn't like us being there! it was obvious this time! but without CARD and other Big hitters helping us it is a futile fight!

The protest fund helped us with costs but CARD could have helped us by mentioning the joint protest in all the Brighton protest media statements. I dont know why they didn't?

Lets put this in context - we got STVV to protest with us - we got into the stadium again and displayed the banner in front of live TV and national media! We flyered Rolands flat - Katriens house - and her parents house! And even local papers back here haven't reported it! Yet 8 people turning up to the valley last Thursday was in the SLP and news shopper! I just dont understand why?

If it's not on the doorstep then it's less likely to get reported. The papers had enough to cover over the weekend anyway, and the protests gave them enough Charlton copy. Picking a date when a reporter can be invited as a guest on such an event - CARD might even pay for them - would give some great copy. Quite sure this has been thought of though. Have to admit that as a former sports editor, I probably would not have covered it, especially with all that is going on in SE7.
  • Options
    Like a few already posted sadly i just cant see him going which just feels me with dread and fear for our great club.I havent got a season ticket for next season but cant imagine not watching my team next season at the greatest stadium in football The Valley.Ive decided now not to attend the Burnley game and this will be the first time i have missed the last game of the season home and away since 1984.Im gutted about doing this but i cant take no more of this and just left Saturday feeling so empty.How can you feel such hatred towards two such clueless,smug and vile people i dont even know or even want to know them,just get out of our club and go and ruin other peoples lives.
  • Options
    Oh Jesus @Davo55, I was hoping the tosser would be gone by end June, mid-July.

Surely someone will pay £15m? Roland, that's what it's worth now. Write the debt off, get your tax deduction and move on.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    @C4FC4L1f3

Your comments about CARD are a bit unfair. Apart from some financial help from the Protest Fund the Belgium 20 have been (or appeared) keen to work independently and to be recognised as such. As far as I am aware, all of the CARD team have welcomed your efforts and have been interested in their impact. You haven't sought their support for anything, which is fair enough, and you got a bit fed up when some people (not CARD) attributed the first trip to CARD, also fair enough.

You want to get all the credit when things so well, you have to accept the responsibility when things don't go as well as you wanted (edit: I mean the media side; the trip itself looks very good).

As Leeds_Addick says, surely it was up to you to ask for help if you wanted it. CARD has got some things wrong but the media stuff has been pretty faultless. We may have been able to advise, even if it was just to say you would be struggling to get any interest, for all the reasons people have mentioned.

Asking for help can be done without CARD looking to take over the whole shebang.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

The protest fund helped us with costs but CARD could have helped us by mentioning the joint protest in all the Brighton protest media statements.

Lets put this in context - we got STVV to protest with us - we got into the stadium again and displayed the banner in front of live TV and national media!

Yet 8 people turning up to the valley last Thursday was in the SLP and news shopper!

Brilliant work by you and your mates i really appriciate the effort you guys are making
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    He won't stay around forever. The protests at Charlton are an international embarrassment for him. I don't think it reflects well on him or his businesses, especially given how most of media attention is in Britain.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Don't get your knickers in a twist and don't pick fights with those working to the same aim as yourself
    Any lack of coverage is no slight on your efforts or achievements.
    Our protest actions overall have been better covered on slower (sports) news weekends
    This weekend there was a ton of stuff to cover without any effort required from reporters
    Most broadcast and print news "journalists" are bone idle trough feeders simply copy & pasting others' work
    If you want smthn covering, write it up yourself, send it to every ''journalist" and outlet for whom you have contact details and hope it gets rolled out by some of them
    If the belgian media coverage has been making Roly more uncomfortable, you'll get your reward all the sooner
    Personally I think he has twice the hide of a rhino, half the intellect or vision and none of that peaceful graceful herbivore's sense of self-preservation
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

He is actively seeking buyers. We know that.

He's replied to Varney then?
    And contacted Paul Elliott?
    And Graham Tutt?

• Options
    To be clear here - we did reach out before during and after. Same with the media we notified SLP and NS and the main news papers before during and after - just doesn't seem to be of interest anymore - and that's the point i'm trying to make.

Without the clout and backing of CARD it seems the media aren't interested. we got loads of interest in Belgium which was the main aim.

Also no one that went wants any thanks or glory or any of that shite, we just want as many people as possible to know that we went and done it.
  • Options

I agree with Ricky and Dicky.

Unless someone pays more than we are worth for a league 1 team.
    I can't see why he would sell now we are relegated.

In his deluded way he will be as Clueless about League 1 as he was about
    the Championship. He thinks that the U21 team this season will be OK for next season, Plus Lennon, Fox,Pope and THD.
    Maybe Keep Jackson as Captain.
    Hardly anyone else will be left.
    Roger Johnson !
    We haven't even reached our Nadir yet.

I just hope he's not another left back.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Davo55 said:

@C4FC4L1f3

Your comments about CARD are a bit unfair. Apart from some financial help from the Protest Fund the Belgium 20 have been (or appeared) keen to work independently and to be recognised as such. As far as I am aware, all of the CARD team have welcomed your efforts and have been interested in their impact. You haven't sought their support for anything, which is fair enough, and you got a bit fed up when some people (not CARD) attributed the first trip to CARD, also fair enough.

You want to get all the credit when things so well, you have to accept the responsibility when things don't go as well as you wanted (edit: I mean the media side; the trip itself looks very good).

As Leeds_Addick says, surely it was up to you to ask for help if you wanted it. CARD has got some things wrong but the media stuff has been pretty faultless. We may have been able to advise, even if it was just to say you would be struggling to get any interest, for all the reasons people have mentioned.

Asking for help can be done without CARD looking to take over the whole shebang.

This is not true! A CARD member was supposed to come. and was part of all comms. Perhaps we wrongly presumed that CARD were being kept updated. but several people said they had spoken with several CARD members.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Davo55 said:

@C4FC4L1f3

This is not true! A CARD member was supposed to come. and was part of all comms. Perhaps we wrongly presumed that CARD were being kept updated. but several people said they had spoken with several CARD members.
    What isn't true? That's a bit too vague mate. Tell me who spoke to which members of the CARD team, when and what was requested and I'll follow that up. Take it private if you want.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

What happened to make it obvious this time?
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

To be clear here - we did reach out before during and after. Same with the media we notified SLP and NS and the main news papers before during and after - just doesn't seem to be of interest anymore - and that's the point i'm trying to make.

Without the clout and backing of CARD it seems the media aren't interested. we got loads of interest in Belgium which was the main aim.

Also no one that went wants any thanks or glory or any of that shite, we just want as many people as possible to know that we went and done it.

And that, I fear, is the problem. You, personally, seem desperate to draw attention to yourself. I think your open calls for fans to break the law over the pitch invasion will have made several print outlets concerned in getting involved with you, and the arrests, and the fact that the 20 have come across as being proud if it will also make Editors less inclined to send their journalists.

With all due respect you displayed a banner in a football stadium. Why would the press be interested in allocating column inches to that when it has been done several times at The Valley already? What do you think it would have cost them to send someone over to cover that? There is nothing stopping you from writing a blog yourself - or putting an article up on hear. In that event some of it might be copied and pasted into the local paper's websites - assuming it's written well enough.

I also think you are grasping at straws and dissuading the press from indulging you when you publicly announce that you dropped flyers in KM's parent's house. In my view, if there is a line, you crossed it by doing that.

I think the pressure you are putting on RD in Belgium has a value, I just think you believe the value is higher than others do.

Sorry!
  • Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

And that, I fear, is the problem. You, personally, seem desperate to draw attention to yourself. I think your open calls for fans to break the law over the pitch invasion will have made several print outlets concerned in getting involved with you, and the arrests, and the fact that the 20 have come across as being proud if it will also make Editors less inclined to send their journalists.

With all due respect you displayed a banner in a football stadium. Why would the press be interested in allocating column inches to that when it has been done several times at The Valley already? What do you think it would have cost them to send someone over to cover that? There is nothing stopping you from writing a blog yourself - or putting an article up on hear. In that event some of it might be copied and pasted into the local paper's websites - assuming it's written well enough.

I also think you are grasping at straws and dissuading the press from indulging you when you publicly announce that you dropped flyers in KM's parent's house. In my view, if there is a line, you crossed it by doing that.

I think the pressure you are putting on RD in Belgium has a value, I just think you believe the value is higher than others do.

Sorry!
    OK thanks - maybe you are right. I do accept the fact that the on the pitch was a shambles.