Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Comments from my 5 year old during his first ever game

Saturday was my boys 'debut'. Here are various things he said:

We want Roland out because Roland is pooh - pre game, maybe we can get that chant going ?

Are the balloons for Rolands birthday? @ kickoff

I think Charlton need to practice more - 10 minutes in

Can we sit over there (Jimmy Seed Stand) as they are having fun.

Why is no one singing here (East Stand)

DADDY !!!! You said a naughty word.

Do we have to watch another half?

Can you put my photo on the balloons next time it is my birthday?

Can I go again some day ? (the poor fool)

Comments

• Options
    my kids loved the balloons on sat and we now have a few black n white beach balls at home too..
  • Options
    Admit it, you made up the last one ;)
  • Options
    He said he really enjoyed it - honest. !!!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    We really do have some young Addicks who have excellent verbal and written skills thats for sure ;)

I'm sure I didnt have this level ability when I was five years old thats for sure
  • Options
    Thats quality !

My son said - do you do this every St Georges Day ?
  • Options
    I went with two five year olds to the Derby match. With 10 minutes to go one burst into tears, crying: 'They're never going to score!!!"

They may as well get used to it.
  • Options
    My girlfriend minutes into the first Charlton game I took her to:

• Sponsored links:

• Options

my kids loved the balloons on sat and we now have a few black n white beach balls at home too..

There were a lot of children there on Saturday - the East Stand concourse was rammed with people queueing for food (!?!).

I wonder if they expect all football matches to be like that!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    CAFCTrev said:

My girlfriend minutes into the first Charlton game I took her to:

vast improvement on your ex.
  • Options
    It's a dilema with kids ain't it?

My daughter who is now 28 accompanied me to matches for many years as a kid, until she discovered boys, going out and getting pissed etc, is now a parent herself. Trouble is she has already penciled me in to introduce her daughter to Charlton. I just do not have it in me to put an impressionable young uncorrupted mind through such torture. But in respect to my forbearers little Ella will have to go through the pain. On the up side starting her in Division Three will means things will only be looking up... er, hold on!
  • Options
    The balloons and beach balls were quite a site. I loved the expectation that the balloons wouldn’t reach the pitch, then the heavy artillery arrived – the beach balls came flying in anyway. Unlike previous protests, I do think it had an impact on the first goal, but was I bothered? No – we were relegated and in a way, it made the point even better! I hope we lost the toss, as it was daft not kicking off the other way if we had the choice!
  • Options
    I took my two daughters to a home game in their late teens, they soon feckin left home and got their own places trust me. ;)

• Options

I remember when my son was 5 and we'd got in from a game. He said to my missus. "Mummy what's a useless a "useless prick" she replied "Daddy"!!! He replies "he shouldn't really shout at himself at football"
    It was an obscenity bellowed in the direction of Djimi Traore when I was lost in the moment.

Hold on......your son asks your wife, "Mummy whats a useless prick" and her reply is "Daddy" .......
    Maybe a word with your good lady is in order. ;)
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

I remember when my son was 5 and we'd got in from a game. He said to my missus. "Mummy what's a useless a "useless prick" she replied "Daddy"!!! He replies "he shouldn't really shout at himself at football"
    It was an obscenity bellowed in the direction of Djimi Traore when I was lost in the moment.

Hold on......your son asks your wife, "Mummy whats a useless prick" and her reply is "Daddy" .......
    Maybe a word with your good lady is in order. ;)
    She's got a point to be honest.