Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Foreign Owners

Duchatelet was right. Who'd want one of those terrible foreign far eastern owners?

Like that awful Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha at Leicester. He's not got a clue. Bet they look on us with envy.

Comments

• Options
    Vincent Tan owns a championship club. He has had a rough relationship with Cardiff fans.

He made mistakes and pissed em off.

Even with this in mind...he was there when Cardiff reached top flight football.

He's still a tosser...but then Roland Duchatelet adds a new meaning to the word.

Douchy boy seems a bit racial against Asian people following that quote.
  • Options

rikofold said:

Duchatelet was right. Who'd want one of those terrible foreign far eastern owners?

Like that awful Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha at Leicester. He's not got a clue. Bet they look on us with envy.

easy for you to say ((:>)
    Sod getting that name printed on the back of a shirt.
  • Options
    GIMME A "V"!!!
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Vincent Tan owns a championship club. He has had a rough relationship with Cardiff fans.

He made mistakes and pissed em off.

Even with this in mind...he was there when Cardiff reached top flight football.

He's still a tosser...but then Roland Duchatelet adds a new meaning to the word.

Douchy boy seems a bit racial against Asian people following that quote.

I dunno - big difference between Tan and Duchatelet is that Tan learns from his mistakes - team strip changed back for example. Duchatelet doesn't really believe he's made any mistakes, they just talk about errors but can never identify what they were. I'd take Tan as an owner and TBH I think he would've been a better fit with our fanbase as we are more likely to co-operate with an owner if they're not a complete idiot. (And we already play in red).

But yeah, the Leicester owner - done good. Well-run club before he took over and he's just continued.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Carson Yeung, Thaksin Shinawatra, the aforementioned Tan, Peter Lim failed at at least a couple of foreign takeovers, none of whom were successes, and a couple of whom were indicted for crimes while owning clubs.

There are success stories and nightmare stories of owners regardless of where they're from. What Leicester have done this year is remarkable, and it's on the back of good organization over the 4-5 years since they bought the club, but there is an element of luck about it. I don't think it's likely to be repeated anytime soon, and you need to only think back to this time last year to remember what a shambles the club were in regarding their manager and reserve players (even if they had a good run in).
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Carson Yeung, Thaksin Shinawatra, the aforementioned Tan, Peter Lim failed at at least a couple of foreign takeovers, none of whom were successes, and a couple of whom were indicted for crimes while owning clubs.

There are success stories and nightmare stories of owners regardless of where they're from. What Leicester have done this year is remarkable, and it's on the back of good organization over the 4-5 years since they bought the club, but there is an element of luck about it. I don't think it's likely to be repeated anytime soon, and you need to only think back to this time last year to remember what a shambles the club were in regarding their manager (even if they had a good run in).

Leicester have very good backroom staff, their recruitment over the last 2 or 3 years has been first class. Getting the basics right is the recipe for success, and that's the biggest failure of our owners, recruitment.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/driving-force-behind-leicesters-unlikely-7287924
  • Options

SDAddick said:

There are success stories and nightmare stories of owners regardless of where they're from. What Leicester have done this year is remarkable, and it's on the back of good organization over the 4-5 years since they bought the club, but there is an element of luck about it. I don't think it's likely to be repeated anytime soon, and you need to only think back to this time last year to remember what a shambles the club were in regarding their manager (even if they had a good run in).

Leicester have very good backroom staff, their recruitment over the last 2 or 3 years has been first class. Getting the basics right is the recipe for success, and that's the biggest failure of our owners, recruitment.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/driving-force-behind-leicesters-unlikely-7287924
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to say everything Leicester has done has been luck, far from it, I wasn't clear that I meant their winning the title this year has an element of luck to it. But you're right, they've done a lot of things well, including investing in people in the club.

My point was moreso that both foreign and domestic owners get this right and wrong. Simply pointing to Leicester and saying "see, far east owners work" is shortsighted.
  • Options
    He also said in that interview that it's great because Belgium has a lot more cultural similarities to the UK and it's just next door.

1 game in 2014