Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are fans being wound up?

edited April 2016 in General Charlton
During the fight to return to The Valley and it's immediate aftermath there were lots of rumours that seemed to be leaked from people within the club.

Social media was not as it is now but the jungle drums did their work and rumours spread very quickly.

Subsequently It transpired , or was at least rumoured ☺ that most of them started life from training ground staff trying to out do each other in far fetched stories and how quickly it would come back to them as fact.

Given some of the extreme claims being made now, could fans be fed something similar just now? We need to be wary of this.

Of course the club can put a stop to much of this through proper open communication.

Comments

• Options
    No, but someone is

• Options
    I don't mean all of the stories of course but katrien wants to pick the team or wants to play behind closed doors are examples that are hard to swallow.

Can she really be that thick?
  • Options

I don't mean all of the stories of course but katrien wants to pick the team or wants to play behind closed doors are examples that are hard to swallow.

What would be their motivation for doing this though? They want us to bugger off and stop protesting, if these are made up they just throw fuel on the fire.

P.s. I heard that Katrien wants to remove the Sam Bartram statue and replace it with one of Roland, pass it on.
  • Options
    The answer is YES
  • Options
    I get really fucking wound up on a match day. Had to be told to calm down on Saturday.
  • Options

I'm glad someone mentioned this angle on it.

These rumours never occurred a year ago...now, all of a sudden she is this crazy freak that has completely lost the plot. It's like the protests have just brought out the absolute worst in her psyche. Don't wana over exaggerate here as she hasn't hurt anyone or committed a crime.

I just would have thought the internal complaints would have started earlier then the last 6 months. Maybe the protests allow for people to speak more honestly.

I believe most or nearly all of the stories, mostly because she speaks and acts without thinking and I can imagine her saying some really stupid stuff on the spot...but it's rather sudden bizarre behaviour that never occurred a year ago.

• Options
    Telly Tubby, don't do this to me.

I thought the heading meant wound up, as in adminstration.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

My first thought before reading as well :open_mouth:
  • Options

Yes.
  • Options
    I don't believe that Katrien wants to pick the team. I think that's mad.

I also don't believe that playing behind closed doors was ever considered as a serious option. Do I think she'd have liked to do it? Absolutely yes, but that's different obviously.
  • Options
    does the Club have a pension fund thats dropped in value ?
  • Options

Exactly how I understood the thread title ....... to asset strip and close the club down.
    His trump card to spite our supporters.

• Options

Oops. Sorry. Changed the heading now.
  • Options

What would be their motivation for doing this though? They want us to bugger off and stop protesting, if these are made up they just throw fuel on the fire.

P.s. I heard that Katrien wants to remove the Sam Bartram statue and replace it with one of Roland, pass it on.
    The motivation previously was mischievous staff having a laugh. Nothing more sinister.