Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Security for Burnley game...

Given how much publicity there has been about disruption at the last game I imagine we'll either end up with half of the Met at the game or the FA will force it to be played behind closed doors. The club really hasn't got a clue what to do?

Comments

• Options

Given how much publicity there has been about disruption at the last game I imagine we'll either end up with half of the Met at the game or the FA will force it to be played behind closed doors. The club really hasn't got a clue what to do?

Great, they can reimburse the cost of my ticket :)
  • Options
    There are quite a lot of reasons why this game should be behind closed doors.
    The financials won't balance, but the impact of having the game behind closed doors will be as impactful as a season ticket boycott.
  • Options
    FA won't do anything like that there has never been a behind closed doors league match, given that all we've done is delayed the game they won't intervene.

Now half the Met and 20k minimum wagers in fluorescent bibs is quite likely.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

The financials won't balance, but the impact of having the game behind closed doors will be as impactful as a season ticket boycott.

Really Seth, I am intrigued?
    As you say "quite a lot of reasons" could you name me three.
  • Options

seth plum said:

1. An unaffected game played out would protect the integrity of the promotion race.
    2. A game in an empty stadium would negate the health and safety risks associated with increasing fan agitation.
    3. A game in an empty stadium would save money on security costs.
  • Options
    T said:

FA won't do anything like that there has never been a behind closed doors league match, given that all we've done is delayed the game they won't intervene.

Now half the Met and 20k minimum wagers in fluorescent bibs is quite likely.

Just wish people would stop putting words in my mouth on this thread...

Have said nothing of the sort about this game being behind closed doors ;)
  • Options
    We could be a first.
    For me the repercussions of a behind closed doors game would weaken still further Roland's position.
  • Options
    Personally hope it is played behind closed doors.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

1. An unaffected game played out would protect the integrity of the promotion race.
    2. A game in an empty stadium would negate the health and safety risks associated with increasing fan agitation.
    From the point of view of the Burnley players and fans though, would it be fair on them to potentially clinch promotion and the title in an empty stadium?

I really can't see them doing that
  • Options
    At worst, I would imagine the club will be warned that failure to control supporters could lead to a fine or some other mildly punitive action.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Blimey Seth those answers worry me.

We have enough to contend with and a fight on our hands re the owners to be worrying about the "integrity of the promotion race".

If all games were played in empty stadiums it would negate the Health & Safety risk. As paying customers and lifelong fans are we not allowed to get "agitated"?

A game in an empty stadium would indeed save on "security costs", I hope Roland does not read this or you may give him ideas re every home game.
  • Options

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Blimey Seth those answers worry me.

We have enough to contend with and a fight on our hands re the owners to be worrying about the "integrity of the promotion race".

If all games were played in empty stadiums it would negate the Health & Safety risk. As paying customers and lifelong fans are we not allowed to get "agitated"?

A game in an empty stadium would indeed save on "security costs", I hope Roland does not read this or you may give him ideas re every home game.
    You could add that it negates the risk of points being docked subsequently, and a hefty fine for the club.

I am not what you call 'worried' about the integrity of the promotion race, simply saying it could be used as a reason for a behind closed doors game.

Of course we should get agitated.

My take regarding behind closed doors, is about the idea that Roland has taken on a football club that can't operate as a football club.
  • Options
    I think I will be ok. Nice to have those nice covered end boys help me out this time in the west lower. I felt much more secure.
  • Options
    How big can the Met force be? Can't be that big surely with Palace and West Ham both at home on the same day.
  • Options
    They won't play it behind closed doors, a rematch yes perhaps - or a neutral with the fans from the first match allowed to attend or similar. But not behind closed doors.

There are some people fully willing to disrupt this match and are attending solely for that, it'll be overkill with security which in turn will cause too many meathead pitchside security jobsworths wanting to start something. When all the fans want are to protest, not cause physical harm.
  • Options

If it was played behind closed doors the reckon the club would still announce the attendance as 15,000 odd

Wonder, what first prise in the half time draw will be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If it was played behind closed doors the reckon the club would still announce the attendance as 15,000 odd

Wonder, what first prise in the half time draw will be.
    Is it Katrien's and Murray's heads (metaphorically) on sticks as we leave the ground?

If so where do I buy tickets?
  • Options
    edited April 2016

How big can the Met force be? Can't be that big surely with Palace and West Ham both at home on the same day.

Exactly. Will probably be the same number as the Boro game and you will hardly see any of them in the ground cause as soon as they step inside the costs go up.