Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley Game

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2016

mogodon - it's a long way to come to rely on that but it may come to it yet. I never wear colours. I can do depressed look, I still remember the old Fourth Division days - tough times.
    northstandsteve - As I tell my daughter regularly, in life there is good and bad everywhere, you should never judge a whole fanbase on a few morons who use football as an excuse to cause trouble. Likewise, I won't judge Charlton fans as all being unhelpful because I know there are plenty of decent Charlton fans who will give others a chance.
    ricky_otto - The lasagne might be cold by the time I get it down there and I'm not a fantastic throw but I'll have go. I'll struggle with Cain's autograph but I reckon I could get Zac's or maybe Chesny's from Coronation Street, maybe even both. I won't take you up on the C5 football tonight show though, I'd rather dig my kidneys out with a rusty spoon.

Lol. I've got Zak's just needed Cain to complete the family set. Seriously, hope you manage to sort out a ticket for yourself. I know people who really struggled for our last home game and will have the same issue for your game. I know of somebody who managed to buy outside of the ground off of another supporter, so you may get a touch that way.
  • Options

You'll be able to get in if you pay on the day, 100%

Where though?
    however nice they might be i don't want them sitting next to me.
    where do you sit to have someone sitting next to you?
    in the toilet. There are 5 or 6 others having a fag.
  • Options

mogodon said:

There are so many empty seats that you will be able to buy a ticket behind the North Stand. I have bought tickets for a number of games this season on the day without any problems, ID etc. so not sure why the purchase history comes from. How can I prove to them on the day that I have supported the club for 35 years and used to be a season ticket holder for years. I have no tattoos ... but the depressed expression might help convince them I suppose? Just don't wear Burnley kit and smile sweetly.

The bad news is they seem unable to sell more than one ticket every few minutes, the turnstiles won't work first or second time (don't be alarmed) and you may be strip searched by an overzealous steward, so don't come with anything resembling a beech ball or Pinocchio mask. The good news is you will see the match and everyone will be having such a good time abusing the board and throwing sprouts/balls/animals onto the pitch that nobody will notice as you celebrate one of Burnley's five goals.

Enjoy.

he'll need a red card number.
    I haven't been to the last two home matches, but up to then I have never been asked for any ID or proof of support. So despite the fact fans are deserting in droves, I won't be able to get in if I turn up on the day? And what if I bring my family (as a punishment) then my two young daughters will have to prove loyalty? If I learn "I love Roland" in Flemish do you think that will do?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    It depends on who we are playing. I'm sure tickets will not be sold to anyone who turns up on the day without a red card.
  • Options
    CrayAddick - I have offered to chip in to the Charlton Supporters Fund against the owners. What else are you thinking?
    Baldybonce - Brilliant, if I get in, I hope I'm sat next to you. We're just normal people you know, we just speak a little slower and we're paler. I certainly won't be kicking up a fuss if we score either. I'm not really into aggressive confrontation and the chances are that's what would happen if i started jumping around. I've got a bit more respect about me than that.
    SheedyCAFC- I like your confidence. I hope you're right in case C4FC4L1f3's helpful suggestion doesn't come off.
    LuckyReds - Thanks for your post. I don't care about us not lifting the trophy, I just have to be there.
    AddickFC81 - No one with a ticket will miss this one and if they do it's no one I know and they'll just sell it to someone they do know.

• Options
    ricky_otto - Thanks. You were a great player in your pomp.
    Baldybonce - ....and I don't suppose I can get a red card either?!
  • Options
    No chance.
    and i promise you, you are not paler than me.
  • Options
    Burnley fan. Our half season tickets are now priced at 47p... hold on, no just seen the latest prices... we give YOU £300 to watch the stinking pile of crap we run out atm.

So easys, buy a half season ticket.
  • Options
    soapy_jones - You are both soapy and helpful. Thank you.
  • Options
    Baldybonce - ...but I bet I speak slower.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Baldybonce - ...but I bet I speak slower.

oh yes.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
  • Options
    Pleasehelpme - Do you ever use the Burnley chat forums? What is your username?
  • Options
    I like this pleasehelpme poster, and it is a very impressive opening post indeed.
  • Options
    Tayls - Very, very rarely. I posted earlier after LargeAddick mentioned about Bournemouth complaining to the FL about Charlton not giving them enough tickets last year and it working. I suggested, we should do the same but so far no response (I have fired off an e-mail complaining to FL myself for what it's worth - I really need to get some work done). I used to go on it a lot years ago but I found it quite depressing at times and having a reasonable debate always ended up a bit frustrating. Everybody's always right about everything type of chat. Which is fine, just not for me. I'm more of a reader than a poster these days. My username is Crusty4England.
    seth plum - It's nice to be liked. Thank you. Are you impressed enough to help though?
  • Options
    Loads of people on here go on about boycotting and not stepping in the ground again, message them asking for their ticket....on the promise you will head butt our ceo in the face
  • Options
    Pleasehelpme I have tried to send you a message please check your inbox.
  • Options
    Just give him a ticket but put him the lower north stand ( f block and if he decides to play up I think he will be rolled up like a t shirt and thrown on the pitch ) . Imagine if you wanted to get a ticket for charlton to win the league you probably do the same . Shame am not going mate or I would have you a ticket.
  • Options
    I probably have a spare season ticket for that game.

It will be next to my seats that me and the boy will be sitting in.

It's a kids ticket but that should be fine.

If you can't get any better offers, PM me and we can discuss where and when we would meet up with you.

I'm well past the idea of buying extra tickets using my season ticket credibility. Not going to happen from me mate, sorry.
  • Options
    Listen to cafcledbury, he's talking a lot of sense there - thanks for the thought.
    Alwaysneil - Wow, that's a really generous offer, thanks. I couldn't ditch my brother though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I could sort you out a couple of tickets , in box me
  • Options
    I hope the OP and his brother have a great day out in London for all the right reasons BUT as we all know a lot of Burnley fans are not exactly angels.
    There is a bit of history between us and i would bet they will be putting it about a bit the night before and before the game.
    Putting two away fans amongst an already very angry home crowd?
    I wouldn't.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Piss off Katy
  • Options
    As others have said I reckon the NHS call center, sorry the ticket office, will sell you tickets on the day. Get some fake ID with a SE London address and its a certainty.

Whats your throwing technique like? You need to be able to reach the pitch from at least 6 rows back.
  • Options

Good morning all

I have now been blessed with a couple of tickets! I can't tell you how pleased I am. Thank you so much to many of the contributors to this board. As I mentioned in a post yesterday, I'm firmly of the belief that there's good and bad in all walks of life. Baldybonce - we have our fair share of morons but I'm fairly sure Charlton Athletic aren't moron free. Good and bad, everywhere. Having said that, the reaction I've had from the contributors to this board over the last 24 hours shows there's a hell of a lot more good than bad on here.

I have to be honest with you. I've been a bit of a harlot. I posted the same message yesterday on a couple of other Charlton Athletic message boards (Into the Valley and Vital Football). Desperate men do desperate things. Anyway, just shows this message board is far superior, I got 17 views and 0 replies on Vital and 155 views and 1 reply on Into the Valley, that replay saying he wished me luck but he couldn't help me, fair enough.

Charltonnick - thank you so much for the offer. It's really appreciated. You show Charlton Athletic in a great light, as do many of you.

A few days ago Charlton were just another London club to me, a club struggling, who's fans deserve better than they are getting at the moment but I must admit over the last 24 hours I've gained a real fondness for the Club. Clearly, I really hope we beat you on the 7th and we go up as Champions but aside from that, I really hope you get rid of the current ownership sooner rather than later and you get new worthy owners who will do what's right for the club over the long term.

All the best.

Up The Clarets!
    Duchatelet Out!

Did Mandy sort you out then?
  • Options
    Morning C4FC4L1f3 - No, thankfully sorted the tickets yesterday evening so no need to put Mandy to any trouble. Thank you very much for your help.