Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Patrick Bauer out for rest of season

2»

Comments

• Options

Crispy said:

Shame he's suffered from injury as thought he was superb in first half of the season. My understanding is that he'll be playing in the Championship next season

Source?
    Someone close to the club who I certainly believe. 6 or 7 clubs sniffing around for him
  • Options
    Crispy said:

Crispy said:

Shame he's suffered from injury as thought he was superb in first half of the season. My understanding is that he'll be playing in the Championship next season

Source?
    Someone close to the club who I certainly believe. 6 or 7 clubs sniffing around for him
    Not wrongly. That's a shame though, if he's willing to stay in England, he's one where you feel like with a better setup within the club he might be persuaded to stick out one year (or even six months) in League One. He's still young, he's definitely good enough but not quite top flight level, so six months of his career dropping down a level for guaranteed first team football probably wouldn't kill him. That said, can't see it happening. It should also be noted he'll probably get a decent pay rise (at least from relegation wages) from joining another Championship club.
  • Options
    Reckon there are plenty of our foreign players (Bauer / Teixeira / Gudmundsson / Bergdich etc.) who'd be perfect in any Championship team where they were one of three / four foreigners in a squad built up of experienced British players...
  • Options
    Crispy said:

With Millwall after they win the playoffs
  • Options

Sadly it will be no surprise if plenty of clubs show an interest, and our lot will find a nice deal irresistible. It would be great if he stayed, of course.
  • Options
    Not really an issue for this season.
  • Options

Crispy said:

With Millwall after they win the playoffs
    I've never flagged anybody, but my goodness....
    Lucky then, I didn't add the badge kissing line as he celebrates his first goal for them...
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Is it any wonder that players signed from the lower leagues abroad and not up to the rigours of the Championship cannot put in a 40 appearance season? Even JBG has only made 61 league appearances out of the 90 since he signed in the summer of 2014!

No worries though the regime have admitted they got this aspect of their planning wrong and having learnt from their mistakes everything will be fine as we struggle to stay in league 1 next season. :open_mouth:

• Options
    RedChaser said:

Is it any wonder that players signed from the lower leagues abroad and not up to the rigours of the Championship cannot put in a 40 appearance season? Even JBG has only made 61 league appearances out of the 90 since he signed in the summer of 2014!

No worries though the regime have admitted they got this aspect of their planning wrong and having learnt from their mistakes everything will be fine as we struggle to stay in league 1 next season. :open_mouth:

I imagine that we will see greater stability and an improvement next time round*....

*We'll be relegated at the last match of the season instead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crispy said:

Crispy said:

Source?
    I wonder if his injury was actually to stop him getting injured
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    RedChaser said:

Ba, Sarr, JBG, and Bergdich all came from top flight leagues. To be fair to JBG, he's played 38 league games this year, 37 from the start, and has played in most if not all of Iceland's games over the last two years during their qualification for the Euros. By my rough calculations, he'll end up playing around 45 games this year before the Euros, which is not insignificant.

http://www.espnfc.com/club/charlton-athletic/372/squad

All that said, I do take your point. As mentioned elsewhere, I hope that some of the younger recruits are given more time to settle and get used to the league.
  • Options

Sadly it will be no surprise if plenty of clubs show an interest, and our lot will find a nice deal irresistible. It would be great if he stayed, of course.

RD was clear from the start, buy in players at an affordable price, then sell them for a profit, only trouble is, most of the players he bought in at an affordable price were crap and will have to lose money on them. But if Bauer gets sold on, no surprise and good luck to him
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    SDAddick said:

RedChaser said:

Ba, Sarr, JBG, and Bergdich all came from top flight leagues. To be fair to JBG, he's played 38 league games this year, 37 from the start, and has played in most if not all of Iceland's games over the last two years during their qualification for the Euros. By my rough calculations, he'll end up playing around 45 games this year before the Euros, which is not insignificant.

http://www.espnfc.com/club/charlton-athletic/372/squad

All that said, I do take your point. As mentioned elsewhere, I hope that some of the younger recruits are given more time to settle and get used to the league.
    Ba, Sarr, and Bergdich are crap and not good enough to hold down a regular first team birth so I wouldn't consider them in any counter arguement. A waste of money for time spent on the pitch injuries aside! Now Vetokele initially and Kashi were ok but like Bauer have spent a long time on the treatment table. JBG is the only import to give anywhere near enough minutes on the pitch since he signed. Texeira has put a shift in but is probably on the move in the summer so the jury is still out on him.
  • Options
    Shouldn't the word 'season' be replaced by 'contract' in the title?
  • Options
    Crispy said:

Crispy said:

Source?

Sue Parks at it again!
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Crispy said:

Crispy said:

Source?

Sue Parks at it again!
    Yawn...