Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 18 semi v Forest away

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ok thanks
  • Options
    Well done boys.
  • Options
    Great stuff, something to cheer at last.
  • Options
    Ketts said:

The final will be played at The Valley.

let's hope that they do a live video feed
  • Options
    Fantastic stuff, lads !

Any idea of the date or even week the final will be played ?

• Options

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m1 minute ago
    Good news to report on Terrique Anderson's injury. He took a blow to the head, but is OK and watched extra-time from the bench. #cafc

Good, that has to be the best possible outcome given he was being administered oxygen. Hope the lad is alright.

Thanks as always to Bollox et al for the updates.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have not watched the U18s as much this year as in previous years but I am really pleased for them. Good bunch of lads, good coaches, what is not to like. The first team could learn a lot from the U21s and U18s. I will be watching a lot more Youth Football and non League football next Season as I won't be following the first team, home or away.
    Looking forward to the Final and I hope there is a good turnout.
  • Options

Careful with a thread title like that....

Worrying when you think the same thing.
  • Options
    If we win this and the U21 league is that our most successful season for the Unders teams?
  • Options
    Yes, never been done combined in same season
  • Options
    Sorry to put a dampener on this but expect to get hammered in the final. The Sheffield United lads are the ones that are "going to come good" :smile::smile::smile:
  • Options
    The ref was Lisa Rashid. She has been an assistant and, I think, a fourth official for some Football League matches.

Wonder when/if she'll get a gig as a league ref?

Would it be inappropriate to say Lisa will come good?

• Options

Few players saved from last night's game.

Some numpty on twitter slagging off @CAFCofficial saying no one cares.

What's Anderson like?

It was me who got in discussion with him about his comments :)
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Was surprised to see KAG playing although goes to show how young he truly is if he's still allowed to play U18 Football.

I know its unlikely he was dropped from the U21s because of Form (more likely because we wanted to win this game) but I wonder if there have been any other players who have gone from First Team to U21s to U18s in a season, usually its the other way round
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Careful with a thread title like that....

Worrying when you think the same thing.
    Make that three
  • Options
    U18 football is a weird thing for clubs at our level, as the best players quickly leave the U18 level - you couldn't imagine Lookman playing last night?

By contrast if you're at Chelsea their best 18 year olds play U18 football and no more!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Few players saved from last night's game.

Some numpty on twitter slagging off @CAFCofficial saying no one cares.

What's Anderson like?

It was me who got in discussion with him about his comments :)
    Well done, he's an idiot
  • Options

Was surprised to see KAG playing although goes to show how young he truly is if he's still allowed to play U18 Football.

I know its unlikely he was dropped from the U21s because of Form (more likely because we wanted to win this game) but I wonder if there have been any other players who have gone from First Team to U21s to U18s in a season, usually its the other way round

Obviously Konsa and a couple others have floated between the two.

In responding to the match preview thread I was wondering to myself if it's more important for the likes of Konsa, RCC, Hanlan, etc. to get a senior game or two on the bench, or to be involved in semi-finals/finals with youth teams. It's the question that always comes up when a young English player who has senior caps gets "injured" or pulls out before a U-21 tournament (look at what it did for David Bentley's career). I tend to lean toward the notion that even if it requires dropping down a level, being involved in a playoff/final, getting used to that mentality, is more important than a senior team cameo or two.
  • Options
    ref had plenty of bunny :smile:
  • Options
    edited April 2016

The lad's confidence was probably shot to bits playing at the higher level (our first team) with such inadequate players for the level around him.

Sensible to build him up by reminding him how good he really is amongst his peers now he knows what he has to do to compete effectively in the football league.

KAG will come good. The advent of Lookman has done him a big favour in that the spotlight has been removed from him.

Second time around he will cope well.