Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Please read this 'simple' table and answer the question

2»

Comments

• Options
    Thanks a bunch Razil. Woke up this morning feeling Ok - now I realise the three grade 2 CSEs I attained in 1970 equate to exactly nothing ... but failure.

I went to a boys secondary modern school where the careers master basically offered three jobs; The Army, Navy and for the clever(er) kids the RAF.

There was one particularly feral lad who the school could do nothing with. However he did somehow manage to secure himself a job and during his final lesson our scouse teacher asked him what he was going to be doing.

“I’m going to join the Royal Navy sir,” came the proud reply, to which scouse teacher retorted, “And what you going to be, a deckhand on a submarine?”

Probably exposes the frailties of the secondary modern system, where nothing was expected of the kids - and we did our best to comply.
  • Options
    It doesn't matter, any employer just wants to make sure you don't have a tattoo on your neck or hands, are presentable and don't grunt when you attempt to speak i.e. you are not a Millwall 'fan.'
  • Options
    What grades do you need to attend law school? I'm preparing my daughter to become next CEO at Charlton. It's a long term plan but worth a try.
  • Options
    25May98 said:

What grades do you need to attend law school? I'm preparing my daughter to become next CEO at Charlton. It's a long term plan but worth a try.

I think you could probably get away with 'no suitable qualifications or experience required what-so-ever'.
  • Options
    25May98 said:

Is she Belgian? If not no chance!
  • Options
    Didn't Roland give himself a cap of 5 years before he gets rid of his football experiment? Very unlikely we will have a Flemish owner in 1 year never mind about 5.

Rather tragically despite training as a material scientist and engineer, I am now also an accountant and tax director. In finance we laugh at the lawyers because their job is mostly massively more boring than ours and the hours are shocking.

If I were being asked seriously, I would never recommend training as a lawyer.
  • Options
    A 'D' is a fail isn't it?
  • Options

A 'D' is a fail isn't it?

Unless you have big hands and she'll stand still...
  • Options
    Can't you just say "Undisclosed?"
  • Options
    This thread has just taken over from @killerandflash 's thread about the cash point at Charlton in 'what the fuck do we talk about now the season's over'

Good work razil :wink: