Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JPT next season

edited April 2016 in General Charlton
Next year we re enter the exciting competition that is the Johnstone Paint Trophy, my recollection is our current lowest competitive match day crowd was v Northampton at Selhurst (Stand to be corrected) do you think we can "beat" that record? My prediction is a sub 2,000 crowd.

Comments

• Options
    WEMBERLEY!!!!!
  • Options
    It seems that Johnstones Paint cease to sponsor this attractive competition this season. I wonder what it will be called.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Kap10 said:

Next year we re enter the exciting competition that is the Johnstone Paint Trophy, my recollection is our current lowest competitive match day crowd was v Northampton at Selhurst (Stand to be corrected) do you think we can "beat" that record? My prediction is a sub 2,000 crowd.

Did we have circa 900 for a couple of full members cups games at Selhurst?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Which stand will they open for the home games? Hope it's the west lower for obvious reasons......
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Which stand will they open for the home games? Hope it's the west lower for obvious reasons......

They are so thick they will probably open the whole ground.
  • Options
    Yes 800 odd at 2 games. I went to tor first one but not the second one. I think it is the only home game in nearly 40 years that I haven't attended apart from being overseas.
  • Options
    Birmingham & Bradford C wasn't it ? One of the attendances was 817 IIRC.

I admit to not going to these as I did not count them as proper first class games.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Just the NW quadrant should be enough.
  • Options
    I was at both the 800-odd games in 87. Not sure I'll be at the record breaker next season.
  • Options

Birmingham & Bradford C wasn't it ? One of the attendances was 817 IIRC.

I admit to not going to these as I did not count them as proper first class games.

Those were indeed the games. I think at Everton in the same competition we took about 50! Good game though.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2016

1StevieG said:

Just the NW quadrant should be enough.
    Your being generous. I think the sofa and a couple of bean bags would suffice.
  • Options

It seems that Johnstones Paint cease to sponsor this attractive competition this season. I wonder what it will be called.

Nitromors Cup ?
  • Options
    I read somewhere that from next season prem teams will be allowed to enter u21 teams.
  • Options
    821 Birmingham. 817 Bradford. Said it few times on here, badge of honour for me. Went to every round of that cup run!
  • Options
    Oooh bean bags, wrong thread but do you think I could sit on one for the first 20 se ones of the burnleh game before using my Physio bands to hurl bags of the beads into the pitch?
  • Options

821 Birmingham. 817 Bradford. Said it few times on here, badge of honour for me. Went to every round of that cup run!

I also remember a very small crowd at Selhurst against Leicester, Simod Cup?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    red_murph said:

I also remember a very small crowd at Selhurst against Leicester, Simod Cup?
    Won 2-1 after being 1-0 down with 2 or 3 mins left

Edit. This game was ZDS cup in 1989. Simon cup was 87 and we lost 2-1
  • Options

Scab.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    colin1961 said:

It was Bradford

Certainly was Colin. See, you do get somethings right :wink:
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    next season the only game ill be attending at the valley is millwall if they dont go up, hopefully we beat them 3-0 and they smash the fuck out the jimmy seed to cost roly a few pence. n
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Rolands buying the sponsorship rights and renaming it the Starprix Cup. I'm sure that will help the attendances.