Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bolton's new chairman

In Mail today
Bolton Wanderers new chairman Ken Anderson,a former football agent, was disqualified as a company director from 2005 until 2013 for transgressions including diverting company funds into personal accounts, VAT discrepancies and failure to cooperate with receivers. The Football League say Anderson passed their owners and directors test because his sentence has been served
It would appear that anyone can pass their test.

Comments

• Sounds a decent bloke.
  • I wonder when Roly will start his sentence.
  • Would love to know what their Questions actually are!!
  • This is actually hilarious
  • RanTooFar said:

This is actually hilarious

I wonder if Bolton fans think it is hilarious .
  • Wow. Fit and proper....
  • So when Richard Rufus serves his sentence he'll be allowed to be a Company Director again?
  • An 8 year ban as a company director is at the long end as far as bans go
  • Tape on his shoe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Doesnt look as if Boltons problems are over
  • Sounds like Del Boy Trotter
  • That's 'interesting' - I used to play in the same Sunday football team as Ken Anderson in the late 70's - he was an 'OK' goalkeeper and used to have an accountancy firm in Beckenham. It's a funny old game!
  • Suthers said:

That's 'interesting' - I used to play in the same Sunday football team as Ken Anderson in the late 70's - he was an 'OK' goalkeeper and used to have an accountancy firm in Beckenham. It's a funny old game!

Is this definitely the same person ?
  • Mr S, are you inferring that you have used The Star Inn?:)
  • Mr S, are you inferring that you have used The Star Inn?:)

If you are referring to me which Star Inn are you are inferring I have used ?
  • edited April 2016
    Just makes you grateful that we wound up with Roland Dutc...eh
  • It's laughable that he passes the test but it's not funny for Bolton fans. Another club that will be destroyed thanks to the football league. But if they start protesting they need to be ready for investigations into their behaviour, not the fact that the football league let the guy into football club ownership in the first place!
  • I gave it a LOL, but this is actually completely and utterly fecking barmy.

The guy is clearly neither fit or proper to be involved with the running of a football club, that much is so very clear by his track record. To make matters worse though, he's being appointed a position at Bolton. Bolton who are, right now, the perfect example of financial mismanagement.

A club who have found themselves nowhere short of being a failure, had to fight off administration and are now facing what must be one of their lowest positions in recent history.

If, by some unsurprising turn of events, this appointment doesn't work out - who is it that will suffer? Is it the Football League? Is it the Chairman himself? Or is it thousands of fans who are supporting their club during one of it's darkest periods?

I think it's relatively easy to argue that the Football League are proving themselves to be incapable of fulfilling their responsibilities, and something really must change.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's interesting to read posters comments regarding clubs with bad owners. I will be the first to admit that prior to our own struggles I could very easily turn a blind eye to teams 'moaning' about their owners.

I'm sure most of us are now much more sympathetic to other teams, including Bolton.
  • They may have a dodgy owner but at least they have a CEO who knows the sort of message to send to supporters.
    http://www.sportsshield.co.uk/bwfc/dean-holdsworths-message-to-bolton-wanderers-fans/
  • Yes, it's the same Ken Anderson. He played in our Sunday team for a short while with his brother Ben, who was a good player. The team was called Tracona and we won the Eltham and District League. As for the Star Inn; nothing to do with playing football but I did indeed go in the one on Plumstead Common occasionally when my and my Dad's friend Brian Wilson took it over.
  • edited April 2016
    Strictly speaking I am ex Starinnaddick as I have hardly used the pub since Brian Wilson retired.
    However I will return when the current obnoxious idiot departs .

• They may have a dodgy owner but at least they have a CEO who knows the sort of message to send to supporters.
    http://www.sportsshield.co.uk/bwfc/dean-holdsworths-message-to-bolton-wanderers-fans/

Instead all we get is this, taken from the Fans Forum minutes this week:
    " We don't want to build up expectations. Will have one of top six budgets in League 1. Hopefully on the back of a successful season, we can rebuild".

It doesn't inspire any confidence that they will do what it takes to get of League One.
  • edited April 2016
    bet they're better than Roland
  • Bolton Wanderers chairman Ken Anderson has revealed the club are currently losing £800,000 a month.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38314682
  • Bolton Wanderers chairman Ken Anderson has revealed the club are currently losing £800,000 a month.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38314682

What, since he took over?
  • Still less than Us I believe