Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton players did a Lap of "Appreciation"

Watched a bit of Bolton Vs Hull today on Sky. Bolton players did a Lap of "Appreciation" at the end. What will Charlton do next week ? assuming the game finishes properly

Comments

• Options
    They'd better not, if they have any sense
  • Options
    Perhaps the Board and Senior Management might wish to join in as in previous years.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Apparently, Karel Fraeye is coming back to swing from the crossbar

Fixed
  • Options
    I'd like to see Katrien do the walk of atonement around the pitch
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Perhaps she should be made to drag "The Stone of Shame" naked around the pitch, like Homer was required to by the Stonecutters in the Simpsons.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

For those that don't watch Game of Thrones, search for Cersei walk of shame on you tube...
  • Options
    Of course they'll do one. And some will stay and clap them off, that's up to them. Not for me though, been nothing short of disgusting this season - they'll get nothing from me
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    cabbles said:

Of course they'll do one. And some will stay and clap them off, that's up to them. Not for me though, been nothing short of disgusting this season - they'll get nothing from me

I know you're just saving any clap you may have* for Katrien... :wink:

*Carefully stored in an appropriate medical container, ready for intravenous injection. (He said, hoping that would make him seem less nasty).
  • Options
    I am very upset about these parallels bein drawn between Cercei and Katrien.

Katrien was a part of the sub elite crowd and has demonstrated her breathtaking lack of competence on a regular basis.

Cercei was part of the super elite, and was evilly competent. Had one reversal and paid the price.

Having it away with your brother is also not cool but in my view more acceptable than incompetent smirking.
  • Options
    They're doing a lap of solidarity; wearing black and white scarves whilst pointing to Mare and chanting "Get out of our club"!
  • Options
    If they could moon the directors' box I'd be terribly appreciative
  • Options
    I hope Roland does one, I'd give it a few steps before someone lamps him and then a few more seconds before a big bundle commences...
  • Options
    I would like to say thank you to Solly Cousins Jackson Diarra and Henderson who we are unlikely to see again in a red shirt.
  • Options

For those that don't watch Game of Thrones, search for Cersei walk of shame on you tube...
    She needs to confess first.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

SHAME
  • Options
    support the team not the regime?
  • Options
    I think they should, and will do it. It must be nice for them to have their families on the pitch, and in theory it should be a way for them to thank the fans as much as the other way around.

There are a lot of players who I'd want to applaud as it's unlikely we'll get another chance: Hendo, Diarra, Teixeira, possibly Solly, Cousins, Lookman, Igor, JBG, and Kashi, amongst others. To be honest there aren't any players in our squad who I hate. Watching the live stream last week I got sad that I wouldn't see JBG and Diarra in a Charlton shirt again. They've become my two favorites to watch over the last couple years. Same with Igor and Kashi and what could have been.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

I think they should, and will do it. It must be nice for them to have their families on the pitch, and in theory it should be a way for them to thank the fans as much as the other way around.

There are a lot of players who I'd want to applaud as it's unlikely we'll get another chance: Hendo, Diarra, Teixeira, possibly Solly, Cousins, Lookman, Igor, JBG, and Kashi, amongst others. To be honest there aren't any players in our squad who I hate. Watching the live stream last week I got sad that I wouldn't see JBG and Diarra in a Charlton shirt again. They've become my two favorites to watch over the last couple years. Same with Igor and Kashi and what could have been.

Unfortunately the appreciation for them will get lost in the hatred of the regime. If I was a player I'd scuttle off as soon as you like.
  • Options
    iainment said:

SDAddick said:

Unfortunately the appreciation for them will get lost in the hatred of the regime. If I was a player I'd scuttle off as soon as you like.
    If it were the case that anger at the regime gets confused with the players' end of season sending off, then I think it would reflect poorly on us as fans. If there are those out there who genuinely take issue with the players then fine, so be it. But I think it's the ultimate test of "support the team not the regime" that as fans we can show appreciation or support for some, if not all of the players before protests recommence.
  • Options
    If they just walk off like some suggest then they will get pelters for not appreciating the fans.

Either way, there is no perfect solution to it. But that's what happens when you're awful and get relegated I guess