Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Question about the Transfer Window

edited May 2007 in General Charlton
Can you sign a player permanently outside the window if you have already signed that player on loan until the end of the season and thus he is already registered to play for you?

I thought the "window" regulated the registration of playes, not who "owned them".

I was thinking about Carson. He can't play for us on Sunday at present but, if we signed him today, for example, could he play for us tomorrow?

Anyone know the answer.

Comments

• Options
    didn't tim howard sign for everton permanently during a loan deal and outside the window just recently?

and then there was that dodgy deal done at goodison subsequently where he didn't play with the league outraged that man utd could have a say in a player no longer contracted to them...

so i guess the answer would be yes, they could play
  • Options
    Can you sign a player permanently outside the window if you have already signed that player on loan until the end of the season and thus he is already registered to play for you?

That was the case when we signed Chris Perry - initially he came on a loan which turned permanent outside the window. Everton may have done something similar when signing Tim Howard off of Man U earlier this year, but I'm not sure of the exact details there.

As regards Carson...AFAIK technically if he signed on a permanent basis then he could play, but I think transfers have to be agreed on/before a deadline before matches, so even if we signed him now then then the deadline has passed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]

As regards Carson...AFAIK technically if he signed on a permanent basis then he could play, but I think transfers have to be agreed on/before a deadline before matches, so even if we signed him now then then the deadline has passed.

Thats fine, you are no doubt correct about the match deadline, it was the transfer window I was seeking clarification on and you have said what I thought.