Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adkins on his way?

12346»

Comments

• Options

Doesn't matter how good the manager is if there isn't backing from the purse holder, he's stuffed. Ranieri would struggle at Charlton. It's a bit like expecting Lewis Hamilton to win the formula 1 world championship with a Ford Fiesta. realistically we need a top two budget (in League One) to have any chance of securing top six. most of the other clubs are either there to make up the numbers and occasionally hope for a lucky run, or try to avoid the drop, but they are all aclimatised to the league and know what is required.

As for Adkins we could do a lot worse and have been doing for some time. He's a manager that has a track record we've heard of so thats a plus and he's got a reputation to rebuild, so will be hungry.

Cracking analogy with Lewis-Hamilton.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

If he comes in, then he will assume the position of Head Coach and Physio. Another cost cutting exercise

He might as well just be the physio - he won't be picking the team.
  • Options

shirty5 said:

If he comes in, then he will assume the position of Head Coach and Physio. Another cost cutting exercise

He might as well just be the physio - he won't be picking the team.
    Very funny Mr Otto, but you have too many lol's as it is.
  • Options

I give night-Meire less than one week to balls this appointment up..

Adkins: I'm going to professionally pass on the offer as after hearing what you propose and what your looking for in a head coach, mutually I don't think this will benefit either party but it's been good speaking with you and I wish you all the success in the future.

Meire: okay....then........
    on the way home do you mind taking me to a conference? It's in Scotland
  • Options
    I think our ceo has far more important things to do than appoint a manager who might know what he's doing such as.....
  • Options

Has anyone given a list of our manager ideas to her Dad?

• Options
    Wonder if any "on their way" will actually make it?
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    If I was interviewing him, I'd ask what he felt the reasons were that he wasn't a successful at Reading and Sheff Utd. How he answered that question would be interesting and important.
  • Options
    This whole saga takes me back to the 80's and the fiasco that saw Mike Bailey move to Brighton and us take on Alan Mullery. That all ended in tears ...
  • Options
    If they appoint him it will be a great relief given some of the names that have been suggested.

He is huge step up from the dross we have had since SCP was sacked. He does have standing within football and as he is an intelligent man I think we can assume he has agreed sufficient control over his backroom staff and recruitment etc.

It will be the first tangible evidence that our protests have been successful and we are seeing the change in direction we are demanding. A good first step.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I give night-Meire less than one week to balls this appointment up..

You do her a disservice.

I suggest there will be rumbles from Cawley that it's hit the skids by the end of today.
  • Options
    Has he met Roland yet?
  • Options

Has he met Roland yet?

I think Roland might be too busy meeting with fans and discussing the way forward....