Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reza....

Comments

• Options
    *wishful thinking
  • Options
    boggzy said:

Did someone give him a slap, or was that hearsay?

I didn't think much of their "music" either, but there was no need to give them a slap.
  • Options
    I set it up, you nodded it into the net!

Copyright Bill Bailey
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2016
    Reza Ghoochanichad's time at Charlton was a disappointment. Apart from one very good goal at Leeds (for the You Tube scouting video) and falling over too many times, he was most noticeable when playing for his national team, Iran. The most underwhelming record breaker of being the first Charlton player to score a world cup goal.

Many Charlton supporters were prepared to give him a chance but his attitude did not appear good most of the time. It what was not what was needed. I was never under the impression that Reza was happy being at Charlton. It is an example of weakness of the network model of moving players about. Players are not widgets and pretending that they are does not mean that a move is going to work.

Reza's performances at Charlton has been under what could have been expected. Maybe the team was poor, under lots of head coaches, who didn't play him in his optimal position. But that is no excuse for his variably poor attitude. I expect he will move back to the Netherlands, as he made a come and get me plea to one of the clubs he played with earlier in the season. I doubt he would cope with the more physical challenges of League One. Reza was not suited at all to British football. Not sorry to see him go as it clearly was not working and he didn't want to be at Charlton.
  • Options
    Just wasn't good enough or suited to english football. Not his fault. I certainly don't wish him anything other than good luck.
  • Options

Just wasn't good enough or suited to english football. Not his fault. I certainly don't wish him anything other than good luck.

He came across as a complete knob and that view has been corroborated by a number of people who had the pleasure of working with him. Vain, arrogant and nowhere near as good as he thought he was.
  • Options
    that could be any pro footballer
  • Options
    skilful but far too frail and flighty for the Championship .. compare him to Lookman .. about the same size but Looky has ten times the bottle
  • Options

skilful but far too frail and flighty for the Championship .. compare him to Lookman .. about the same size but Looky has ten times the bottle

To aid your point, I'd say reza is bigger than lookman
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Shit for us but still better than David Mooney. Now he was proper shit.
  • Options
    He told people at the Club he wanted off within weeks/months of first signing for us. That was more than enough to tell me I wanted this guy from the Club, others seemed to give him a lot lot more time.

Good riddance to him.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    He's already applied for a couple of new jobs.

A post box and an umbrella tester. The strength he is showing to hold the umbrella is remarkable.image

• Options
    Excepting the chaos, managerial changes and his loss of interest in the club (due to these?) he reminded me in some ways of Jonatan Johansson............he'd have a quiet game doing not very much and then suddenly - from nowhere - he'd be 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper from a very tight angle. (As he was in the away game at Middlesbrough).

Had we had greater stability, a consistent manager and a proper recruitment policy his 5 goals in 42 games would have been more like 8-10 goals in 46 games. At which point even the doubters might have thought him ok.
  • Options
    Good luck to him and al, other players released hope they go on to a successful career at whatever their level is.
  • Options

Excepting the chaos, managerial changes and his loss of interest in the club (due to these?) he reminded me in some ways of Jonatan Johansson............he'd have a quiet game doing not very much and then suddenly - from nowhere - he'd be 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper from a very tight angle. (As he was in the away game at Middlesbrough).

Had we had greater stability, a consistent manager and a proper recruitment policy his 5 goals in 42 games would have been more like 8-10 goals in 46 games. At which point even the doubters might have thought him ok.

8 - 10 goals for a striker is nowhere good enough.

But I get your drift.
  • Options
    I wanted him to turn good as well. Just a big disappointment though. Hang on... that is everything Charlton at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But Colin told us he was signing a new contract?!
  • Options
    Shame to see him go as we are losing out on selling a shed load of merchandise in the Middle East....
  • Options
    I think he was the kind of player that in a very decent side would look tidy, but in a struggling side didn't have enough to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

He was alright. Certainly not brilliant.

He was average which is probably better than a lot on here are giving him credit for.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I think he was the kind of player that in a very decent side would look tidy, but in a struggling side didn't have enough to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

He was alright. Certainly not brilliant.

He was average which is probably better than a lot on here are giving him credit for.

Average? Name me 5 good things that you remember he done in the 42 appearances he made for us other than the goal at Elland Road.
  • Options

Very harsh on JJ one of my childhood hero's to even mention Reza in the same breath as him.
    Some might say outrageous!
  • Options
    boggzy said:

Very harsh on JJ one of my childhood hero's to even mention Reza in the same breath as him.
    Some might say outrageous!
    I thought JJ was exceptional - but after a great start in 2000/2001 he faded away. Hardly scored, was played out of position and didn't really suit the type of game Curbishley repeatedly set the team up for.......keep possession, stop the other team playing etc.
  • Options
    When he came on against Wigan and immediately rattled the crossbar from 25 yards out, I truly believed we'd solved our striker deficiencies. Reza turned out to be the personification of anticlimax.
  • Options

When he came on against Wigan and immediately rattled the crossbar from 25 yards out, I truly believed we'd solved our striker deficiencies. Reza turned out to be the personification of anticlimax.

Whicj is appropriate to this regime.