Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The winners' engravings on the FA Cup base. ..

On the Facebook page someone's posted a picture of the base of the cup with our name included as a previous winner.

What happens when they run out of space? Keeping me awake.

What are the government doing about it.

Comments

• On the Facebook page someone's posted a picture of the base of the cup with our name included as a previous winner.

Can't help you but could you help me by posting that picture, need a new cover photo to subtley wind up the Nigels lol
  • On the Facebook page someone's posted a picture of the base of the cup with our name included as a previous winner.

Can't help you but could you help me by posting that picture, need a new cover photo to subtley wind up the Nigels lol
    Oi, Palace. Have a long, long look.

No.1 in South London.

• It's scandalous that we haven't had a single sniff in 70 years on getting our name back on the cup.
  • They just add another plinth to the cup.
  • It's scandalous that we haven't had a single sniff in 70 years on getting our name back on the cup.

Maybe but at least we have won it.
  • 1903 Bury. Didn't know they'd won it.

Doesn't matter the year, except perhaps the fact that in the past it was harder to win as the top teams went all out -
    not fielding weakened teams in the early rounds in order to concentrate on the league and the big money.

Okay, Palace got to the 2016 final. Well done, that is an achievement but it still remains a fact that in their 111 year history they have never won a major trophy.

1947 is a long time ago but that team will always be Charlton legends. 1966 is a long time ago now too.
  • Can't put a price on that. No-one can take that from our history.

Eventually, Palace will fall out of the Premier League. They're the best team south of the river for now but it won't last forever.

Palace 0 Charlton 1. Cheers Man U.

Not even Squirrelface
  • Sponsored links:

• Half way there now. Palarse beaten by the Mancs, good job. Now we need Milwallies to be beaten by Barnsley and our season, although a disaster, looks a little bit better.
  • stevec said:

Half way there now. Palarse beaten by the Mancs, good job. Now we need Milwallies to be beaten by Barnsley and our season, although a disaster, looks a little bit better.

Do you really want us to play Millwall next season? I for one sure don't

This problem is now dealt with by the newly formed Trophy Standards Agency (TSA), headed by long time trophy expert Sir Bent Microchip (£2m a year for one day a week).

The TSA reported after a 2 year study into available space on the FA Cup, that despite there appearing to be room for just a few more names, the actual winners will probably come from the top 6 Premiership teams and they will use the phrasing "same as 87" or "ditto" where possible. This will give the base at least another 100 years of use.

Nigel Outrage of protest group Get Another Trophy (GAT) said that the trophy will be full up with foreign team names by 2025, but the Government has reassured footy fans that this foreign influx will be good for the tournament in the long run.

Just before leaving for a series of well paid speaking engagements, Tony Blair chipped in: " Without the input of overseas culture, football would be much worse. We have the Cantona Kick, the Diouf Spit and the Suarez Bite - which are all now accepted as part of the game"

The average footy fan is totally bewildered by the conflicting information, with some reports saying that once the space is all used up, then the competition will move to USA and be held in Obama's garden, while other experts claim that we can always use the spare space on the bottom of the Freight Rover Trophy and the Simod Cup which will last well into the next century.
  • The FA Cup will eventually end up covered in names, just like the bodies of footballers these days are covered in tattoos
  • That picture prompted me to look up why a trophy 20 years "younger" than the FA cup has acres of engraving. Apparently more or less anyone who happened to pass the stadium of the winner in the previous year gets their name on there.

(I may have exaggerated for comic effect).