Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Open Message Board Message for Richard Murray (Part 2)

*n.b. The comments/opinions below are solely those of the author of the posting and are not necessarily those of CARD or any associated organisation.

There is so much more but this is a long posting and you will probably never read it Richard. However, in the unlikely event you do there is one other function that a Message Board provides. It allows fans who have no real access to the hierarchy of the Club to voice their views in a meaningful way (the fans@cafc e-mail has seemingly collapsed and never fulfilled its proper function anyway). These same fans who have been summarily dismissed by Meire as mere customers who should know their place and who should be treated as idiots for believing they have any sense of ownership or attachment to the club,

It is this, a shared experience, a shared community, a shared history which binds us together and allows us not only to express our shared grievances on this site but provides the mechanism by which the fans will play their part in working together as they did before to be custodians of the spirit of the club if not its physical assets and to carry this spirit through to a brighter future.

Whatever happens, you, Richard Murray will probably still be sitting in the Directors box next season in your designer sunglasses and 'attempt to look cool' insouciance. However, if Duchâtelet and his mind-numbingly dim assistant are still in place then some of the empty seats at The Valley which surround you will once have been occupied by fans who have attended for decades but who can no longer continue to finance a regime which treats it customers/fans with such open contempt. One of those empty seats will be mine and you will forgive me Richard if I state that the respect in which I held you previously is long gone. From my seat at The Valley I see you nearby sitting next to the now totally discredited Katrien Meire home game after home game – no one else but you. But here’s the funny thing I never see you talking to her during the game – are you not enjoying your match-day experience together?

So, finally, is your sole function now a shoulder for Katrien to cry on? It was notable at the Burnley game that you both disappeared at half-time following the Liar Banner. Had you provided more guidance perhaps it wouldn’t have come to that or does she simply ignore you and go her own sweet way with everything?

Here’s the rub Richard – you are a successful businessman who has in my opinion been duped. You must know that Meire was inserted into the CEO role by Duchâtelet as a sinecure – she can do whatever she likes, say whatever she likes, act with total disregard to professional standards and be utterly useless in the role without threat of censure by Duchâtelet. In any other business to have allowed Meire to continue as CEO after her performance over the past 6 months would be professional suicide for the incumbent and possibly terminally damaging for the business.

But you Richard, despite all your experience, continue to offer support to this deluded woman and her so-called visionary (read Crackpot) boss. It does beggar belief and if there is one clue, one hint, one alarm bell going off which you should have picked up on last year then you might, you just might have realised what kind of people you were dealing with when Katrien Meire stated in Brussels on September 28th 2015 “I don’t care about the history of the Club”.

A little bit of Charlton died that day Richard but perhaps you didn’t know about it.
After all it was only reported on the Message Boards and you don’t read those do you?

PS If you PM me Richard (not quite sure how though for the reasons already statea) I will provide my full name and contact details should you wish to take issue with any of the above comments.

Comments

• Options
    Where is part one?
  • Options

Where is part one?

Split up on the Message Board and now further down.
  • Options
    Richard Murray would be doing Charlton Athletic a great service by stepping down from his position on the board.
  • Options
    As stated before K Peacock still there and unlike some of our ex players never
    said a word.
  • Options
    Welly said:

said a word.

I was thinking of starting a separate thread on this @Welly, so thanks for sparing me that. As much as I respect the great work that Keith Peacock and Brian Kinsey have done both as players and latterly as ambassadors for the club, the time has surely come for them to call a halt to any representational duties. These are intelligent men, they must realise the damage that is being done. It is difficult to see how any continued activities on their part would bring any positives for the club that they love. Instead, all their presence does is lend the regime a sense of legitimacy it does not deserve. It would be a crying shame, if come August, there were still pictures of them sitting in the Director's box. They have the opportunity to get involved in possibly the most important battle of their Charlton careers, please don't let them be on the wrong side.

If anyone here knows Brian and/or Keith, please have a word with them now. Tell them how important it is that we fight to rid ourselves of the current regime. Tell them what a boost it would give the supporters if they would openly come out and support the cause; or if they're not up to that, at least if they could distance themselves from the people who are doing so much damage to our club.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Welly said:

said a word.

I was thinking of starting a separate thread on this @Welly, so thanks for sparing me that. As much as I respect the great work that Keith Peacock and Brian Kinsey have done both as players and latterly as ambassadors for the club, the time has surely come for them to call a halt to any representational duties. These are intelligent men, they must realise the damage that is being done. It is difficult to see how any continued activities on their part would bring any positives for the club that they love. Instead, all their presence does is lend the regime a sense of legitimacy it does not deserve. It would be a crying shame, if come August, there were still pictures of them sitting in the Director's box. They have the opportunity to get involved in possibly the most important battle of their Charlton careers, please don't let them be on the wrong side.

If anyone here knows Brian and/or Keith, please have a word with them now. Tell them how important it is that we fight to rid ourselves of the current regime. Tell them what a boost it would give the supporters if they would openly come out and support the cause; or if they're not up to that, at least if they could distance themselves from the people who are doing so much damage to our club.
    You are assuming that their association with the club is a hobby. Maybe it is but if it's their main source of income, and I suspect that neither of them are very rich, it might be a big ask for them to walk away!
  • Options
    Disagree with suggesting KP should step away. The man is Charlton through and through and a stand-up guy. We need him still around at this time of utter madness.
  • Options

Stig said:

Welly said:

said a word.

You are assuming that their association with the club is a hobby. Maybe it is but if it's their main source of income, and I suspect that neither of them are very rich, it might be a big ask for them to walk away!
    I'm assuming nothing of the sort. The only assumptions I made were that they both love the club and would want to do their best for it. You're right, it may well be a big ask, but the future of our club is at stake I think we need to be bold enough to ask.
    meldrew66 said:

Disagree with suggesting KP should step away. The man is Charlton through and through and a stand-up guy. We need him still around at this time of utter madness.

What exactly do we need him to do whilst he's around at this time of madness? To my mind, he'd be doing a far more positive thing if he came out and publicly stated that he thought it was a time of utter madness.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Stig said:

Stig said:

Welly said:

said a word.

I'm assuming nothing of the sort. The only assumptions I made were that they both love the club and would want to do their best for it. You're right, it may well be a big ask, but the future of our club is at stake I think we need to be bold enough to ask.

My mistake, it didn't occur to me that you would have thought it acceptable to ask someone to give up the income that they use to support their lifestyle and their family. I just assumed that you were thinking it ok to ask them to stop going along for a free ticket. If you were asking these two retired footballers (from a time when retired footballers weren't multi-millionaires) to give up their income than I misunderstood your post, and for that I apologise.

However I, personally, think it is unreasonable to ask someone that (without being rude) is unlikely to be able to secure similar employment elsewhere to give up what is, in reality, a job for life. I don't, personally, think it is bold to ask them to give up their income but insulting. You are, obviously, entitled to your own opinion on the subject but merely by asking them puts them in an impossible position of, potentially, having to give up their income or diminish the reputation that both of them have spent decades and decades building up. I think they must be aware of the situation and have made a choice - possibly based on their own personal circumstances. If they are still here now it is because they need to be or want to be or feel that they can help in some way from the position they are in. They don't need the fans to target them and force them out. What next, open letters to them on Charlton Life accusing them of 'supporting the regime' and, literally, destroying the club?