Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cops Del Rey final - Barca v Seville

Good start to the game, good atmosphere at Atletico Madrid's Ground, the Vicente Calderon. Barca 4-3-3. Sevilla 4-4-2.

Comments

• Watching it on TV here. Sounded like Barca fans were booing and whistling through the national anthem again, which got them a fine last year.

Some great skill from Iniesta a few minutes ago. He then passed it to Neymar who tried to do the same trick and cocked it up. Brilliant.
  • Coke had half a chance, but screwed the ball across goal. Sevilla need to take every chance that comes their way.

@CharltonMadrid - Sevilla were 4-2-3-1 against Liverpool in the Europa Final. Has Emery changed it for this game? good to see 2 forwards playing up against Pique & Mascherano.
  • edited May 2016
    Red card for Mascherano. Sevilla getting a reward for playing 2 up. Good tactics. 53 mins to go for Barca to play with 10 men.
  • Wow, game on. Wish I'd taken the 8/1 the bookies were offering for Sevilla to win.
  • Sevilla really going for it in a great game so far. Loved the diving header tackle!
  • Is that the new look ? Barca coach with suit and tie with bright white trainers - looks so odd !
  • You know when Barca are struggling in a game, they surround the referee on every decision waving imaginary yellow cards. Messi may have concussion after that head clash. Suarez off with a hamstring injury.
  • Sevilla not taking advantage of some good positions, especially Vitolo on the left. The goal is coming .
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

You know when Barca are struggling in a game, they surround the referee on every decision waving imaginary yellow cards. Messi may have concussion after that head clash. Suarez off with a hamstring injury.

Barca so cynical re this - trying to get the ref to issue a card for the slightest reason- even trying to get a guy booked for handball when it hit his hand on a rebound !
  • Sponsored links:

• Barcelona are getting a bit pathetic with them consistently asking for a Seville player to get carded.
  • Red card - Banega of Sevilla. 10 v 10 now.
  • Barca finally get their red card - their antics have been shocking- disgraceful.
  • Sevilla had their chance. Plenty of good positions, no composure on their final pass. Extra Time.
  • Some good refereeing in this game.
  • Very enjoyable game despite lots of gamesmanship from Barcelona. Really hoping Sevilla can pull it off in extra time.
  • Our transport is proper shit when you think we moan if a match is played at 5.30 in Wembley on a Sunday for those northern supporters who then can't make it home. Meanwhile in Spain this game isn't going to finish till past midnight on a Sunday and these fans have to make an even longer distance to get home yet it's not an issue as I hear they have transport.
  • Was Alba offside?
  • Always knew when Barça went down to ren men, Sevilla would end up the same way. Don't see them coming back into this now.
  • edited May 2016
    I expect Barcelona fans to go to Real Madrid's traditional place of celebration at Cibeles fountain tonight to rub it in, but I doubt there will be any trouble.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2016
    Shame. Seville should of capitalised on their man advantage... barca certainly did and it took them less than a minute to do so.
  • Stripy Nigel's have won it
  • A better final than the FA Cup & Coppa Italia, but riddled with gamesmanship, whinging, diving, play-acting & cynicism. Top level football has become an exercise in conning referees and getting opponents sent off. I hope Euro 16 is decided by football and not by referees. The Scottish cup final has been the best game of the weekend, albeit with supposedly inferior players and teams.
  • Love Iniesta!
  • Loathe Barcelona.
  • Loathe Barcelona.

Me too. Cant stand the cynical way they play act, and cant stand the way they play their football - lets have a shot on goal rather than a million passes around the halfway line.
  • Cmon Seville.

Got a colleague who "supports" Man U and Barcelona - comes from Chichester. Nuff said.

Fixed that for you Pres. What a cockwomble (him/her not you...).

• Tutt-Tutt said:

A better final than the FA Cup & Coppa Italia, but riddled with gamesmanship, whinging, diving, play-acting & cynicism. Top level football has become an exercise in conning referees and getting opponents sent off. I hope Euro 16 is decided by football and not by referees. The Scottish cup final has been the best game of the weekend, albeit with supposedly inferior players and teams.

A bit like the GP last week, where the superior cars went out on the second bend. It almost made it worth watching...
  • For all the flare and skill played by Barca it is almost ruined by the disgusting amount of play acting that goes on. The amount of times Suarez goes down screaming when he has not been touched is shameful and they know there a multitude of cameras filming every inch of the play and yet they carry on regardless.
  • Barcelona's histrionics were pathetic.

always in the referee's face as well who I thought had a decent game.