Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bradford sold

Two German investors

Comments

• Options
    How much did they pay for a League One play off level team?
  • Options
    down the river ?
  • Options
    Where will that leave Parky and his V neck?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Would be surprised if he ended up at Bolton. He comes from Chorley.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

In lederhosen?
  • Options
    Couldn't find out anything about their investors aside from a name and that they are German.
  • Options
    Will feel sorry for Parky if he's replaced by this German Consortium

Will be the second time its happened after he was replaced when Slater and Jiminez came in
  • Options
    He's doing ok at Bradford, a play off side with ambitions of promotion. League one is definitely his best level for management.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He's doing ok at Bradford, a play off side with ambitions of promotion. League one is definitely his best level for management.

I think Parky has the ability to manage in the Championship, unfortunately the main clubs he's managed in League One are Colchester / Charlton / Bradford have all had small budgets so he's not really had much to work with.
    Charlton and Bradford weren't small budgets. I bet the budget at Burton was far smaller

At Charlton, there was the issue with many of the former Championship players we were stuck with being on very high wages for the L1 (thanks Pardew)
  • Options

I think Parky has the ability to manage in the Championship, unfortunately the main clubs he's managed in League One are Colchester / Charlton / Bradford have all had small budgets so he's not really had much to work with.
    Charlton and Bradford weren't small budgets. I bet the budget at Burton was far smaller

At Charlton, there was the issue with many of the former Championship players we were stuck with being on very high wages for the L1 (thanks Pardew)
    Eh...? - We almost went into Admin with Parky and all he had to work with at times were Non-Contract offers
  • Options

Eh...? - We almost went into Admin with Parky and all he had to work with at times were Non-Contract offers
    I agree he didn't have much money to bring in players, but throughout his time the likes of Semedo, Racon, Bailey (for the 1st season), Burton, Rob Elliott(?) etc would have been on very good wages when compared with other L1 players. There are a lot of very small clubs in L1
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Interesting to read how they're maintaining 18,000 season tickets. I presume they took a different path to the 'piss off the customers' one trod by our lot?

Seem a competantly run football club. Unlike our advert for car crash TV.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

This is correct, our big signings were all freebies or ageing.

Our big signing we missed out on as we went into 'due dilligence' one season and lost out on a player we were going to pay around £100,000 for...
    Jason Puncheon.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

This is correct, our big signings were all freebies or ageing.

Our big signing we missed out on as we went into 'due dilligence' one season and lost out on a player we were going to pay around £100,000 for...
    Jason Puncheon.

Proved to have questionable judgement though.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Interesting to read how they're maintaining 18,000 season tickets. I presume they took a different path to the 'piss off the customers' one trod by our lot?

Season Tickets throughout ground were about £200.
  • Options

rikofold said:

Match ticket for the playoffs was £15. Brilliant.
  • Options

Had a decent budget at Hull when he was there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    buckshee said:

Had a decent budget at Hull when he was there.
    Wasnt in League One though was it :)
  • Options
    Parkinson is not the answer. Never was, never will be.
  • Options

rikofold said:

Not £500 you mean? ;-)
  • Options
    Seriously though, £189 throughout the ground and 18000 season tickets, or our pricing structure and 7000 if you're lucky? 18000 fans will not only make a difference to the team performance, but it's 18000 people to buy your pies, pints and merchandise. I'd be interested to see how their finances perform compared to ours.
  • Options
    milo said:

milo said:

Parkinson is not the answer. Never was, never will be.

What if the question was "name a former Charlton, Colchester and Hull manager whose first name is Chris and his second name begins with Park ?"

Still won't be PHIL Parkinson ; - )

Freudian slip - taken from Chris Freud the famous psychoanalyst.

Now I'm going to have to work out how to edit
    Little wheel in top right had corner of text box on the original post. Click on that and you can edit for 24 hours.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Seriously though, £189 throughout the ground and 18000 season tickets, or our pricing structure and 7000 if you're lucky? 18000 fans will not only make a difference to the team performance, but it's 18000 people to buy your pies, pints and merchandise. I'd be interested to see how their finances perform compared to ours.

But given the loud boycott, how many season tickets do you think they'd sell if they were all £150?