Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackwall Tunnel Northbound closed for the rest of the day

Comments

• Options
    ..what shoulda been a 20 minute journey, ended up being 23 minutes Ffs
  • Options

I have to say Westmount Road was fine until your mates decided to move in.
  • Options

Grand opening tomorrow I think mate. Go in for a coffee and throw a pot and say I sent ya. Reckon you might get a sachet of sugar on the house pal
  • Options
    In this day & age of smart phones, Google maps is the best app you can ever have. My 20 minute journey to Sidcup diverted me because of traffic & only added another 5 minutes onto the journey
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Grand opening tomorrow I think mate. Go in for a coffee and throw a pot and say I sent ya. Reckon you might get a sachet of sugar on the house pal
    If the tunnel is still fooked, they should get out on the street and sell coffees to the gridlocked motorists.

Come to think of it, they could pop in and make a pot and the car in front would still have not moved.
  • Options

In this day & age of smart phones, Google maps is the best app you can ever have. My 20 minute journey to Sidcup diverted me because of traffic & only added another 5 minutes onto the journey

20 minutes from Sidcup....... Pratts Bottom?
  • Options

3 minutes less sheep shagging time for you
  • Options

If the tunnel is still fooked, they should get out on the street and sell coffees Charlton Athletic 2016/17 season tickets to the gridlocked motorists.

Corrected
  • Options

3 minutes less sheep shagging time for you
    Baaaaaaa llocks
  • Options

Tell me more tell me more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Abbey Wood to Bermondsey almost 3 hours this morning, then the return journey this afternoon was 4 and a half hours.

Fooking 7 and a half hours in a car for a 9 mile each way journey
  • Options
    Been told it wont be ready until 7am tomorrow
  • Options
    I hope they hurry up and build this new Thames river crossing they've got planned. Should help ease the congestion a bit.

You what? A "garden bridge" in the West you say? Nah, there's already plenty of bridges there. I ain't falling for that!
  • Options
    If a new crossing was approved,tunnel or bridge,why would there only be one?Can't we have two or three new crossings built simultaneously to stop these problems for the next thirty or forty years?
    I suppose whichever was to be built there would be a ten year public enquiry beforehand anyway.And then ten years to build the damn thing.At three times the original estimate.
    Can't someone,somewhere,in government just get their finger out and sort this mess within a person's lifetime?
    Has anyone seen anywhere a calculation for annual lost working hours caused by the delays at the Dartford Tunnel? Must be a staggering amount of wasted time and fuel.Add in the detrimental health effects of the stress and pollution.Multiplied over the last twenty years or so.
    I suppose Dartford is just far enough out of Westminster's sight to be ignored.Or there are no MP's who have to suffer it daily.
    As for the Blackwall and Rotherhithe tunnels,they belong in museums.
  • Options

If a new crossing was approved,tunnel or bridge,why would there only be one?Can't we have two or three new crossings built simultaneously to stop these problems for the next thirty or forty years?
    I suppose whichever was to be built there would be a ten year public enquiry beforehand anyway.And then ten years to build the damn thing.At three times the original estimate.
    Can't someone,somewhere,in government just get their finger out and sort this mess within a person's lifetime?
    Has anyone seen anywhere a calculation for annual lost working hours caused by the delays at the Dartford Tunnel? Must be a staggering amount of wasted time and fuel.Add in the detrimental health effects of the stress and pollution.Multiplied over the last twenty years or so.
    I suppose Dartford is just far enough out of Westminster's sight to be ignored.Or there are no MP's who have to suffer it daily.
    As for the Blackwall and Rotherhithe tunnels,they belong in museums.

A crossing east of Dartford is being proposed

http://www.lower-thames-crossing.co.uk/consultation/

While TfL have a new crossing(s) planned as well

https://tfl.gov.uk/corporate/publications-and-reports/new-river-crossings-for-london
    https://tfl.gov.uk/travel-information/improvements-and-projects/silvertown-tunnel

Obviously, finances and politics will have an effect on these proposals
  • Options
    Just leave the car on the approach to the tunnel and take the cable car, that should ease the problem.
  • Options
    It is so important that we build a new bridge in this part of London. But you should have seen how bad Blackheath was.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Just leave the car on the approach to the tunnel and take the cable car, that should ease the problem.

Or park at NGS and get the Jubilee line.

I'm assuming that the Dartford crossing was significantly more busy than usual because of this?
  • Options

If the tunnel is still fooked, they should get out on the street and sell coffees to the gridlocked motorists.

Come to think of it, they could pop in and make a pot and the car in front would still have not moved.
    You don't keep a thermos in your car then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Or park at NGS and get the Jubilee line.

I'm assuming that the Dartford crossing was significantly more busy than usual because of this?
    North Greenwich isnt the cheapest place to park at though
  • Options
    Would not have been able to get there yesterday anyway.
  • Options
    What we really need to do is build the Gallions Reach crossing, the Silvertown crossing, the Belvedere crossing, a second ferry, another bridge somewhere and make them all dual carriageways at the very least, all 100% paid for by the government without a toll in sight. Hell If the was a political party whose sole aim was to do all that then they'd get my vote
  • Options

You don't keep a thermos in your car then?
    I'm Covered End not East Stand. :smile:
  • Options
    Quite a queue northbound but moving, southbound is clear.
  • Options
    I think we should follow Bill Boakes manifesto, and cement in the Thames and build a 26 lane motorway.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    gutted i miss those times when i couldnt even get the car out the drive in Correli re the backed up traffic---gutting that it took me a full 2 mins to walk from the front door to the white cliffs to sit and read my book---bastard !!!
  • Options
    That is pretty incredible. Not sure how they would navigate around the small, tight streets of the City of London if they were to bring them to the UK. Fantastic concept though.