Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If we EVER got to Wembley...

2»

Comments

• Options
    drewman said:

I reckon we'd struggle selling 39,000 like Wednesday today

How long have you supported Charlton mate? Of course we'd sell out. We had nearly 40,000 there in 1998.
    Don't think we sold all our tickets though ? At least, that's what I remember the mackems taunting us with.
    Didn't sell all our tickets? Where did you get that one from? Not a spare seat in sight - both ends - place was totally sold out, we were turning people away!
  • Options
    We sold 5000 for a game in Sheffield at midday with no trains arriving before kick off. Some people underestimating how many we could bring I think
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    addick05 said:

drewman said:

How long have you supported Charlton mate? Of course we'd sell out. We had nearly 40,000 there in 1998.
    Don't think we sold all our tickets though ? At least, that's what I remember the mackems taunting us with.
    Didn't sell all our tickets? Where did you get that one from? Not a spare seat in sight - both ends - place was totally sold out, we were turning people away!
    Attendance 77,739. I'm pretty sure we didn't sell out. That was my understanding at the time.

Edit. Having done a bit more research it seems that our game was comfortably the most well attended play off final for several years either side, e.g. 73,300 at Palace Leicester and 64,000 at Palace Sheff U.
  • Options
    I thought we sold our initial allocation and then got a few thousand more tickets. Sunderland had a bigger allocation than we did.
  • Options
    About 2%
  • Options
    Fuck me. I just knew this thread would be full of people making up their own history and claiming we would never sell out a Wembley allocation. Always putting us down. Saying that if we got close it would only be because of "friends and family" tagging along. So what? Are all those Millwall and Wednesday fans regulars? Of course they're not.

Mind you, with these current clowns in charge we may not. But any other ordinary year and we would.
  • Options
    drewman said:

Absolute pony.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

We didn't sell out and there were thousands of non Charlton fans who went with Charlton friends or family.
    Absolute pony.
  • Options
    drewman said:

Not by my recollection
  • Options
    Uboat said:

addick05 said:

drewman said:

Attendance 77,739. I'm pretty sure we didn't sell out. That was my understanding at the time.

Edit. Having done a bit more research it seems that our game was comfortably the most well attended play off final for several years either side, e.g. 73,300 at Palace Leicester and 64,000 at Palace Sheff U.
    We did sell out, that was the capacity of the old Wembley once it had segregation
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many millwall today?.
  • Options

We sold 5000 for a game in Sheffield at midday with no trains arriving before kick off. Some people underestimating how many we could bring I think

A game that was also live on TV .

But anyway, we didn't sell it out. It was full of friends and family and Millwall.
  • Options
    If we get to Wembley, we will lose, and then we will give it all big about how we got to Wembley and our rivals didn't so we got one over on them. Just like how when they get to Wembley and we get relegated we get one over on them...
  • Options
    This is like a Wendy thread.

We have got MASSIVE support