Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Squirrels

2»

Comments

• Options

This is Sid, one our regulars. As you can see he's a bit possessive about the food box.
    The damage on the roof was done by a Wooodpecker.

Do you want me to come round and shoot it dead? Cost you a cupppa tea
  • Options

This is Sid, one our regulars. As you can see he's a bit possessive about the food box.
    The damage on the roof was done by a Wooodpecker.

Do you want me to come round and shoot it dead? Cost you a cupppa tea
    How very dare you! He's alright as long as he keeps to his own box.

(Anyway I'll take the catch off the lid later today) :-)
  • Options
    This is an interesting thread seeing as we experienced a bizarre incident involving a squirrel Saturday evening.

We were on our way to The Angel in Addington (Kent) for an evening meal and had just past The George at the bottom of the hill in Trottiscliffe. As we rounded a bend in the road we appeared to startle some kind of hawk bird it a tree and as he flew off he dropped something in front of our car.

I stopped to look and it was a dead squirrel with a few bits pecked out of it. Assuming we had spoilt the hawk's evening meal I pulled the car forward and watched and a few minutes later the hawk swooped down, hovered over the dead squirrel, pick it up and flew off again.
  • Options
    There you go, puzzle solved.
  • Options

cblock said:

Well done shooting them, you must feel proud.

Just doing my job maam
    then carry on missy if it makes you happy
  • Options
    I called my squirrel Katrien, but it went bloody mad.
  • Options

McBobbin said:

They are queueing up to stare at me through the glass door of my centre parcs chalet, alongside the ducks, moorhens, pigeons, coots, deer and other assorted wildlife that aren't having this sandwich

My wife & daughter are at elveden this week, I'm driving down for the last couple of days on Thursday. They have the fattest squirrels I've ever seen there.
    Just got back from there... have a great time!
  • Options
    Used to see Red squirrel's all the time when i lived in Salcombe.
  • Options
    Badger said:

Used to see Red squirrel's all the time when i lived in Salcombe.

Was that every time you left your set Badger? How is Jemima Puddleduck?
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

They are queueing up to stare at me through the glass door of my centre parcs chalet, alongside the ducks, moorhens, pigeons, coots, deer and other assorted wildlife that aren't having this sandwich

My wife & daughter are at elveden this week, I'm driving down for the last couple of days on Thursday. They have the fattest squirrels I've ever seen there.
    Just got back from there... have a great time!
    Cheers, we go there every year, I love it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plenty of Badger sets down that way as well.
  • Options

They've emigrated to Bromley. We're overrun. Vote Squexit.

You're not my old driving instructor? He told me off for slowing down to avoid hitting one of those b*******
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Grey squirrels are a plague.
    In Ireland, they've used a pine marten reintroduction scheme to get rid of them and it's working. They can't get the reds, because they're smaller and more nimble. I'd love to see that happen here.

Pine martins have a taste for brake cables as well as grey squirrels - apparently.
  • Options
    Badger said:

Plenty of Badger sets down that way as well.

We got a set on out plot. Lovely, but vicious buggers
  • Options
    *our
  • Options
    We've got a big fuck off squirrel hanging around in our garden. Never ever seen one so big - it's the size of a small cat.

Grey squirrels are just rats with good PR
  • Options
    I've only ever seen one red squirrel in my life and that was on the Isle of Wight

Get loads of grey ones in my garden the cats are too clumsy to catch them though. Fascinating things to watch but also a pain in the arse digging up anything and everything to hide their monkey nuts the old slag next door leaves out for them.

Pine Martens are beautiful things. Look hard as nails in the rodent Kingdom to boot
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    We have a population of black squirrels here on the Herts/Beds border. I'd never seen one previously but sightings round here are fairly common.
  • Options

We have a population of black squirrels here on the Herts/Beds border. Never seen one previously but sightings round here are fairly common.

Love to shoot one of them