Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon vs Plymouth league 2 final

13»

Comments

• Options
    Sheff Utd
    Bradford
    ---------------
    Bolton
    Millwall
    Walsall
    Coventry
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Bolton
    Mk Dons
    ------------
    Charlton
    Oxford
    Sheff Utd
    Coventry
    ------------

Chris Wilder would have been no help keeping us up then....
  • Options
    pleased for my mate. He's been going since they were at Palace im the early 90s

Goes to a lot of away games and gets the best prize of seeing Charlton in the RD era now
  • Options
    red_murph said:

Plymouth manager just said the whole squad is out of contract now, how on earth can that happen?

We'd never let that happen, Sarr will get another 4 years soon.
  • Options
    I hope the Belgians watched that load of dross and now have an appreciation of the level they have taken us down to!
  • Options
    Amazing achievement, well done Afc Wimbledon pleased for the club and fans
  • Options

I hope the Belgians watched that load of dross and now have an appreciation of the level they have taken us down to!

Its a good point, i wonder if the likes of Meire have watched this to see what we are up against next season?
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Don't encourage them to underestimate and that it may be harder to get up than might be thought
  • Options
    remarkable what's been achieved in such a short space of time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bolton
    Mk Dons
    ------------
    Charlton
    Oxford
    Sheff Utd
    Coventry
    ------------

Is that the bottom 6?
    No but this is the bottom four

Chesterfield
    Fleetwood
    Bury
    Shrewsbury

• Options
    Disappointing first half but the second half was much better.
  • Options
    A truly great end to the season. I've always liked Plymouth as a club but this was a fully deserved win for AFC Wimbledon and a magnificent achievement by the football club.

I loved their chubby guy in the directors' box who was going nuts and practically weeping with joy into his scarf towards the end and, indeed, thereafter. This is what football is all about and why we have so much to be proud of in our 92 League structure. 58,000 for a fourth tier play-off final - where else in the World could get anywhere near that ? Going back to the little fat guy, Roland and Katrien should take note; it is called passion and love of your football club - something you neither know, nor remotely understand.

As to the match, I thought that Wimbledon played an effective 'long game' in the first half and caused Plymouth some real problems with Elliot, whilst keeping their shape and only being stretched once or twice by Wylde on the left. I thought they stepped it up in the second half, played a better passing game and Barry Fuller (MoM) did a more than passable impression of Chris Solly at his best, with quality defending and a couple of superb breaks down the right. It is always great to see our young lads prosper and well done, too, to Ade Azeez for winning the penalty. The climax, however, had to be the appearance of 'the Beast' and him wrestling the ball off Kennedy to score at Wembley in his last game for the club. What a man !
  • Options

Who the fuck are Fleetwood Town? Is that a miss print?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

lol .. calm down .. Fleetwood Town is the registered name of the club .. or am I missing something in your outraged comment ?
  • Options

Riviera said:

lol .. calm down .. Fleetwood Town is the registered name of the club .. or am I missing something in your outraged comment ?
    The only Fleetwood he knows is Mac.
  • Options
    But who are they? Where did they come from? I don't really follow lower league football. Never heard of them.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

They are from the town of Fleetwood. By all accounts it's the quiet equivalent of Blackpool as a resort so, perhaps, our followers could combine the two for our away trip nest season.
  • Options
    We should sign Akinfenwa just for the Millwall matches.
  • Options

We should sign Akinfenwa just for the Millwall matches.

All you gotta do is drop him a WhatsApp