Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

14 years ago.....

afc wimbledon had trials on a common to reform after bring stitched up by a foreign owner. 14 years later and we are in the same league as them.

I've just got home after spending 13 hrs with my afc Wimbledon supporting bestie watching Them get promoted. Great day out, but they will finish above us next year. We can't appont a creditable manager and look where we have dropped from and look where they have come from. Fair play to them but f**k you Roland and katrien you Belgium c**ts! Look what you have done. Shame on you, you c**ts.

Apologies for the swearing but they've droven me to this by ruining our club! Drinker rant over!

Comments

• Options
    droven
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    JaShea99 said:

droven

You are sad.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

afc wimbledon had trials on a common to reform after bring stitched up by a foreign owner. 14 years later and we are in the same league as them.

I've just got home after spending 13 hrs with my afc Wimbledon supporting bestie watching Them get promoted. Great day out, but they will finish above us next year. We can't appont a creditable manager and look where we have dropped from and look where they have come from. Fair play to them but f**k you Roland and katrien you Belgium c**ts! Look what you have done. Shame on you, you c**ts.

Apologies for the swearing but they've droven me to this by ruining our club! Drinker rant over!

It is inspirational - forget Leicester, this is the real stuff of football!
  • Options
    Doubt they will finish above us to be honest... Reckon League One will be their ceiling level.
  • Options
    Good job I've got valley gold and a season ticket for next season, afc Wimbledon only has a tiny ground so going to the away match is going to be restricted to just a few. Seems strange that charlton could probably accommodate all their fans in the reverse fixture at the valley if it chooses to.

You have to be there to protest
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I think it's time both clubs renamed themselves Milton Keynes and Wimbledon and put the past to bed.

Should Charlton put the past to bed and forget the fact we were forced to ground share with Pal-arse?
  • Options

Riviera said:

I think it's time both clubs renamed themselves Milton Keynes and Wimbledon and put the past to bed.

Should Charlton put the past to bed and forget the fact we were forced to ground share with Pal-arse?
    I think we should focus our anger on more immediate targets tbh.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

droven

Never suffered from fat fingers when typing?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:

The town of MK bought a league position. And that should never be forgotten. Ever.

• Options
    Most sensible thing ever to come from the lips of the wall!
  • Options

Most sensible thing ever to come from the lips of the wall!

They're the only club who I would like to see go out of existence. I've followed my team all over the country but I'll never watch us there. Will not put a penny in to that 'club'. And the Leeds fans, wolves fans etc who take 6 and 7 thousand there should hang their heads.
  • Options

Riviera said:

The town of MK bought a league position. And that should never be forgotten. Ever.

Ironic coming from a Millwall fan, last time I checked you were supposed to be on the other side of the Thames !

Football clubs have moved throughout history to better their opportunities, sometimes changing their name (Woolwich Arsenal) sometimes not (Millwall), this holier than thou stuff is ridiculous. Where we once had one failing outfit we now have two (relatively) thriving clubs.
  • Options

JaShea99 said:

droven

Never suffered from fat fingers when typing?
    "The fingers you have used to dial are too fat. To obtain a special dialing wand, please mash the keypad with your palm now."
  • Options

Good job I've got valley gold and a season ticket for next season, afc Wimbledon only has a tiny ground so going to the away match is going to be restricted to just a few. Seems strange that charlton could probably accommodate all their fans in the reverse fixture at the valley if it chooses to.

You have to be there to protest

You can protest at a dozen or more other away grounds, I still think the best protest is to boycott home matches and not give the chairman any more money.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Riviera said:

Ironic coming from a Millwall fan, last time I checked you were supposed to be on the other side of the Thames !

Football clubs have moved throughout history to better their opportunities, sometimes changing their name (Woolwich Arsenal) sometimes not (Millwall), this holier than thou stuff is ridiculous. Where we once had one failing outfit we now have two (relatively) thriving clubs.
    Ridiculous comparison. When Millwall left the island a hundred years ago they moved a few miles away. The islanders could still walk to see their team play, and they did, in their thousands, through the tunnel.
    Wimbledon were moved over 70 miles away.
    If the original Wimbledon were failing they should've been allowed to fall down the leagues and find their natural position (lower league probably, as they were punching above their weight for years anyway) and another team would've replaced them and got there on merit. See that's how football works. If Pete W**kerman wanted league football for the town of MK he should've bought the local non-league outfit and bought them up through the leagues. Ask yourself one thing, how would you feel if it was Charlton this happened to? Bought up and moved 70 odd miles to some nondescript new town? Basingstoke Addicks? Got a nice ring to it? As I said, it should never be forgotten what happened to Wimbledon as it could be your club next. And I wouldn't put anything past the fella you've got in charge at the moment!
    Funnily enough there was a strong rumour that Michael Gliksten was going to do similar with us back in the seventies and relocate us to Milton Keynes.

I don't whether those 'in the know' here can elaborate further?
  • Options
    edited June 2016

se9addick said:

Riviera said:

Ridiculous comparison. When Millwall left the island a hundred years ago they moved a few miles away. The islanders could still walk to see their team play, and they did, in their tens, through the tunnel.

Fixed that for you MF :wink:
  • Options

se9addick said:

Riviera said:

Ridiculous comparison. When Millwall left the island a hundred years ago they moved a few miles away. The islanders could still walk to see their team play, and they did, in their thousands, through the tunnel.
    If the original Wimbledon were failing they should've been allowed to fall down the leagues and find their natural position (lower league probably, as they were punching above their weight for years anyway) and another team would've replaced them and got there on merit. See that's how football works. If Pete W**kerman wanted league football for the town of MK he should've bought the local non-league outfit and bought them up through the leagues. Ask yourself one thing, how would you feel if it was Charlton this happened to? Bought up and moved 70 odd miles to some nondescript new town? Basingstoke Addicks? Got a nice ring to it? As I said, it should never be forgotten what happened to Wimbledon as it could be your club next. And I wouldn't put anything past the fella you've got in charge at the moment!
    And I'm agreeing with a millwall fan again. I feel so cheap and dirty right now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Riviera said:

Completely different scenarios. Wimbledon didn't move to Milton Keynes. MK Dons are a new and different club and were placed in a high league undeservedly. The FA acknowledged this themselves when they refused MK permission to claim the Wimbledon fa cup win as theirs.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Riviera said:

And I'm agreeing with a millwall fan again. I feel so cheap and dirty right now
    yeah, me too.

lol, remember when they lost the play-off final though...
  • Options

se9addick said:

Riviera said:

100% spot on.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    A good article here @se9addick written a couple of years ago after MK Cons 4 nil victory over Man U...
    http://www.newstatesman.com/lifestyle/2014/08/why-mk-dons-4-0-victory-over-manchester-united-didn-t-cause-universal-joy
  • Options
    You had me right up to 'bestie'