Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Does anyone actually care who the next manager is?

Comments

• Options
    What a stupid question to ask. Of course people care who the next manger is. It is our club and we want it to do well, even if it's being run badly at the end of the day we want Charlton to do well on the pitch and maybe if you go straight back up he will sell.
  • Options
    I will care if Jackson or any other Charlton legend becomes our manager as I would not want to see them destroyed by Roland!
  • Options
    I care!!! It's an important thing!
  • Options
    I don't give a shit. He'll only be there for about 4 months anyway........
  • Options
    Nah I hope it's someone useless, if we get "success" the protests will end.
  • Options
    It will be a cock up anyway... Looking forward to the new season anyone?
  • Options

I don't give a shit. He'll only be there for about 4 months anyway........

Ain't that the truth!!!!

• Options

Yes, I care. If you don't you're not a true supporter!

Fixed that for you.
  • Options
    Great post @Chizz

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Yes I care. If you don't your not a true supporter!

I don't care. Please tell me what to do now.
  • Options
    Yes it's something to still care for. The problem is whether or not this person is a respectable individual.

Will the manager accept the very poor way the club is being run, and just take it?
    If he does, then that either means he can't get a half decent management job anywhere else, or he loves Charlton just about enough to put up with his awful boss.
    It was quite obvious what happened in the Wilder case. He clearly wasn't offered a good enough deal.

For me, curbishley is the only meet in the middle answer to this problem.

Curbs could manipulate things to be the way he wants them to be.
    The regime are a very very thick bunch of people. I don't care how much money RD has made in his life. He is a complete f^cking idiot. That is a fact.

I actually think Duchatelet, strangely enough would have a relatively normal working relationship with curbs. The Murrary connection may also be a considerable factor that, whether we like it or not, may have something about it.

He has the obvious emotional attachment to the club and knows charlton inside out. Bit of news for you though..."It ain't what it used to be".

Getting Alan back is the only choice that will mostly suit everyone.

It's either that, or nothing at this point.

Just my opinion.

• Options
    i've gone past the point of caring tbh, however, that doesnt mean to say i dont care - i will still watch with interest to see who it is - and in a perverse sort of way, i sorta hope its some unknown Belgian or even Nobby - coz then you just know that it will be another season i can write off without any hope- and hopefully another season closer to getting to the very bottom of the pile where RD has no alternative other than to 'sell' the club or run it into the ground.
    That way, we can build it up from scratch again with real Charlton people again- with the dream of SCP and Kermy being there to guide us through to some respectability and pride in the league.

Like most people, i've given up on this lot- they can sling their 'ook - and nothing they do from here-on-in will change me in any way- the damage they have caused to MY club will remain with me forever.

• Options
    When I first read this I thought what a stupid post! But actually, what a great post! Thinking about it, do we care about charlton...yes we do. Do we care who the next manager will be...probably but does it matter with Roland in charge? No! He will make the cheapest appointment and sack him in November.

When I go to the pub with Chelsea, arsenal and Manchester (both clubs) supporting friends, I talk about charlton, our fight, our cause with a passion. Does the next manager matter? No!! Does the fact that Roland the twat face prick has galvanised us supporters and we will come through this stronger matter! Yes! Guck you roland
  • Options
    Syd Cheesewright, obvious choice. Organisational and communication skills, knows his way around a boardroom or two. Ideal man, has first team "coaching" experience too...
  • Options
    Yes, because they won't be here forever, and part of me suspects they'll be gone sooner rather than later. That said, the amount of damage they could do this summer arguably outweighs anything that's come before it. Right now we seem to be completely rudderless (and not just because of a lack of manager). Our squad isn't all bad, but even with good organization it'll be hard to keep the ones who are half decent, and given how we're floating, we're unlikely to have any shot of that.
  • Options
    Yes, I do care. Even with the incompetents (being generous) owning the club, the right man and a sensible budget could lead to a positive season on the pitch. The wrong person, and we could plunge further.

Basically, I'm not one who subscribes to the "I want them to make an ever worse mess, as that way they're bound to sell faster" point of view. I can see the stubborn old bugger still wanting to prove himself right when we're in the Evostik league. That's why I was desperate to stay up (ref the discussions after the Boro game about whether to walk out or not). If we were still a Championship side, we'd be a more attractive proposition for potential buyers, and RD would be more likely to get the sum he wants.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    On the other hand, if they can't get anyone and Miere has to do it (visibly, rather than from the privacy of her office) then on the one hand, she'll have to spend the match right out there in the technical area (good -well, they'd have to move the netting from the North end, anyway) but flags indicating she is a liar won't be directly over her head (less good).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think some might have maybe misinterpreted what the original post was asking. I'm happy to be corrected on that.

Lets just say there is a very important difference in caring who manages Charlton and caring for the manager of Charlton.
  • Options
    Starting to think KM thinks we can do without a manager - at least it will save money.
  • Options

Starting to think KM thinks we can do without a manager - at least it will save money.

She's just listening to customer feedback. There have been vocal and frequent complaints that the regime has had too many managers in recent times, and she is seeking to avoid that this time round. How can anyone complain about managerial change if there is no manager to change?
  • Options
    In the past it's been very important to me. These days I'm interested and it may be important if they appoint someone who is capable, but even a capable person stands very little chance under the current regime.
  • Options
    Under this regime doesn't matter who it is; he or she will not get my support as just like all the other puppets and because by joining to work for Duchatalet they are showing no respect for the 98% or football in general.
  • Options

She's just listening to customer feedback. There have been vocal and frequent complaints that the regime has had too many managers in recent times, and she is seeking to avoid that this time round. How can anyone complain about managerial change if there is no manager to change?
    You mean, she's coming up with a cunning plan to reduce the number of managers-per-year that we get through by not having a manager for a few years? That might be her clearest bit of thinking yet.
  • Options
    I wonder if the new manager will get sacked before the season starts.......
  • Options
    If there wasn't a manager appointment or transfer rumours to argue about, then what's the point of summer? Yes I care
  • Options

I wonder if the new manager will get sacked before the season starts.......

Or walks.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Yes I care. If you don't your not a true supporter!

I don't care. Please tell me what to do now.
    Come to sunny Northampton, the home of footy.