Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wales and Simon Church

2»

Comments

• Options

I think its fair to say Simon Church has made the absolute maximum return on his abilities by getting himself to the Euros, all of that 'just running around' has paid off. Credit where its due.
  • Options
    Reckon had Tom Bradshaw (Walsall) stayed fit then Simon Church may not have gone to the Euros
  • Options
    Signed for Dutch side Roda JC for an "unspecified" fee.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37180591
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Is that a bit like an undisclosed fee?
  • Options
    Went there for a pre-season friendly once. Hope Churchy lasts longer than Matt Svenson did that day.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Went there for a pre-season friendly once. Hope Churchy lasts longer than Matt Svenson did that day.

Further endorsement of Covered End chant for him of 'Screw loose' then.
    I quite enjoyed seeing Matt charging into the opposition defenders like a raging bull :wink: .
  • Options

Remember their sub coming on and scoring two great goals. God did I have a hangover on the return trip.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Unspecified makes it sound like the clubs themselves aren't sure.

"We want that player."
    "Give us some money then."
    "How much?"
    "I dunno, some."
  • Options
    Good side are they Roda JC?
  • Options

Good side are they Roda JC?

Top Flight Dutch team who are usually round the bottom half of the League.

Tell you one thing, if Simon Church does well then it really does prove what terrible signings: Dirt Kuyt / Afonso Alves / Mateja Kežman were for their respective teams when they came to England!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I imagine Church's agent has exploited (quite rightly) the prestige of playing for a country which reached the semis of the Euros!

Hal Robson-Kanu is still unattached, he clearly can't decide between Barcelona or Bayern.
  • Options

I imagine Church's agent has exploited (quite rightly) the prestige of playing for a country which reached the semis of the Euros!

Hal Robson-Kanu is still unattached, he clearly can't decide between Barcelona or Bayern.

Robson-Kanu will live off that goal against Belgium for the rest of his life.

He was never prolific at Reading or when he went on loan so dont really see that changing in Club Football
  • Options

Are the goals wider and taller in Holland?

They don't have an off side rule, so Church can stand 1 yard away from the goal line
  • Options

Are the goals wider and taller in Holland?

They don't have an off side rule, so Church can stand 1 yard away from the goal line
    Sponge foot still wouldn't reach the goal with a sho