Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fishing

Comments

• Options
    ozaddick said:

The fish doesn’t look very happy at being caught.
    Was even more fucked off when I cooked it. 
  • Options
    ozaddick said:

I’ve always wanted to fish in Oz, looks amazing. (assuming you’re in Oz based on your username)
    Yes mate, perth. 
  • Options
    Anyone fished at Whitevane lakes in Sussex?
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:
    Anyone fished at Whitevane lakes in Sussex?

Never even heard of it tbh mate.

Just had a quick look and it seems like it's got a decent head of fish. I personally like more features to cast towards and it looks a bit bare on that front.

You got a session booked there?

• Options
    I'm deciding between Sumners match lake and Whitevane on Monday. Done Sumners a number of times, but they're members only still at the moment

• Options

Furnace is nearby, you tried there?

Always wanted to go, never been availability when I checked. I assume its much the same now.

• Options
    Got a weekend on orchard lake 12 coming up, can’t find any reviews on it as it’s only a year old?
  • Options
    Got a weekend on orchard lake 12 coming up, can’t find any reviews on it as it’s only a year old?
    I fish at Orchard Place all the time although only on the match lakes, been taking my 9 year old grandson with me and we have been bagging 20-30 carp in 4 hour sessions all ranging between 3lb & 12lbs. Great sport and a good way to get the youngsters into fishing. 
  • Options

I've fished the life out of lake 3 and lake 8 at Orchard.  

Don't know too much about lake 12 mate, but Orchard as a whole is a great place to go and one of, if not my favourite fishery.

• Options

Furnace is nearby, you tried there?

Always wanted to go, never been availability when I checked. I assume its much the same now.

Owner is a proper weird one, we saw some guys getting kicked out for having the wrong size net... They went to get the big net from the car and he wouldn't let them back in. 
    (I think that was Furnace!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep was furnace - Two recent reviews:

Review 1
    a week ago-
    Just Travelled 4 hour to this place to be met by some of the most rudest people I have ever met (staff and owners) to be slung off straight away for a small joke about the size of the shed it was only abit of light hearted banter trust me people don’t not waste your time or money their horrible and Nasty people and very belittling I’ve never bothered leaving a review but felt the need to tell people about this. This place is and absolute joke

Review 2
    a month ago
    Would like to share my sons experience with these rude people.

My son had fished last week they do not do online bookings so just turnt up and would not take card payment only cash With the covid circumstances I thought this would be a must
    The young male member of staff then become aggressive my son felt very intimated
    He stayed for a good few days and caught nothing a few lads that was there also felt they was aggressive and rude.
    Furnace lakes you need to sort this out its unacceptable
  • Options
    I fish at Orchard Place all the time although only on the match lakes, been taking my 9 year old grandson with me and we have been bagging 20-30 carp in 4 hour sessions all ranging between 3lb & 12lbs. Great sport and a good way to get the youngsters into fishing. 
    Where is this?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Where is this?

It's in Paddock Wood
  • Options
    Fished Lake 6 at Orchard Place the 1st day we were allowed after lockdown. Great day's fishing if a little too easy. Last couple of times I've fished has been at Sam's Lakes in Headcorn. A better stamp of fish and you have to work a little harder to get bites.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I used to fish every Sunday as a kid, until football got in the way.....

I haven't been for maybe 30 years (other than the odd bit of sea fishing). I'm so out of touch with equipment and the like, anyone give me any pointers?

PS I assume you still put maggots on a hook!?!
  • Options
    3 down in 3 hours, not going to complain one 12lb and a couple smaller so far.

Forgot how much I enjoyed just chilling out with my rod in.
  • Options
    Forgot how much I enjoyed just chilling out with my rod in.
    Fnar fnar
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Finished the day on 14 fish, About 10 in the doubles and a 16.71lb carp was the biggest of the day

Beautiful day for it and between my best friend and I we finished on 34.

Had to land 2 in one net which was a new challenge as when I was reeling in one, the second rod went off.

Lots of lessons learned.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Finished the day on 14 fish, About 10 in the doubles and a 16.71lb carp was the biggest of the day

Had to land 2 in one net which was a new challenge as when I was reeling in one, the second rod went off.

Lots of lessons learned.

Where did you fish?

• Options
    Been doing a lot of VR fishing through lockdown & it’s so relaxing, no replacement but it is frickin awesome “catch & release” is a quality VR fishing sim
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Lots of lessons learned.

Where did you fish?

Sumners Ponds outside Horsham. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Heading to St.Minver in Cornwall next month for a weeks holiday with family. Anybody know of or can recommend any coarse lakes in or around the area?
  • Options
    Sumner's Ponds, West Sussex.

Before the noisy chavs arrived.

• Options
    A day on the Wiltshire Avon yesterday 3 Grayling and 3 Brownies. 

• Options
    A jetski fisherman was filleting his catch when he found a tiny pill shaped chip in its flesh – only to discover it was implanted in the fish 20 years ago.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/news/300602198/fish-and-chip-snapper-caught-a-week-to-the-day-it-was-tagged-20-years-ago?cid=app-iPad
  • Options
    I take a walk around the lakes at Dartford most lunchtimes, I never knew that weed was a bait, as most of the fishermen use it.
  • Options

Carp in Dartford lakes enjoying the hot weather.
  • Options
    I take a walk around the lakes at Dartford most lunchtimes, I never knew that weed was a bait, as most of the fishermen use it.
    best part of fishing 
  • Options
    The carp in Danson Park basking…..
  • Options
    The carp in Danson Park basking…..
    they've built a decent life raft too