Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Realistic Euro 2016 Expectations

What's your expectations for the Euro's, (no matter what nationality you are). I'd like to see England get to at least the semi finals, and Rooney having a good tournament at last.

Comments

• Options
    Quarter finals as a minimum.
    Realistically, we should avoid any strong nations until that stage.
  • Options
    For the first time I can remember I have no expectations. Just looking forward to seeing what happens with our young team. Could go out in the group stage or if we click we could have a decent tournament.

Must admit with a few days to go I've found the media frenzy less than in previous tournaments so far. Think we are going in relatively unpressured which I hope will help.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Reckon we'll top the Group with two wins and a draw (either against Russia or Wales)... Semi-Finals could be a possibility but depends on who decides to show up (not just England players but the opposition as well).

In regards to the other Home Nations reckon none of them will get past the 2nd Round whilst reckon its possible for them all to crash out straight away either due to inexperience or difficult groups...

Only see Wales finishing above 3rd from the three yet dont even see that happening.
  • Options
    Looking at our group and the likely run in if we win our group (which we really should) then we should be reaching semi finals, no excuses for anything less really.
  • Options
    Semi Final. Would consider anything else unacceptable.
  • Options
    I think we'll struggle against Russia, combination of poor selection and players feeling the pressure and not performing. They will then get up for the Wales game, possibly win by a coupole of goals or a piece of brilliance. Then we'll win comfortably against Slovakia. Probably win the second round game depending on who it's against, another uninspiring performance. Then face Portugal in the quarters. Then home.
  • Options
    done a predictor thing at work had to guess every score in the tournament and this is how i see our results going;

group stage
    England 3 1 Russia
    England 2 1 Wales
    england 1 1 slovkia

round of 16
    England 2 1 Turkey

quaters
    England 2 1 Italy

semis
    spain 1 england 0

• Options
    We should expect to get to the semis but we will probably get knocked out in the quarters on penalties
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

I think we'll struggle against Russia, combination of poor selection and players feeling the pressure and not performing. They will then get up for the Wales game, possibly win by a coupole of goals or a piece of brilliance. Then we'll win comfortably against Slovakia. Probably win the second round game depending on who it's against, another uninspiring performance. Then face Portugal in the quarters. Then home.

Russia have lost their entire midfield to injury over the last few weeks and the average age of their squad is now over thirty .
    I expect it to be our easiest game especially if we hit them with pace.

• Options
    Knocked out in the Quarter Final by Belgium
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anything less than winning it will be unacceptable.
  • Options
    Watching that Euro96 documentary last night and for got how blessed we were with leaders on the pitch.

Seaman,Pearce,Adams,Ince,Shearer,Neville,Platt.

We are woefully short now.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

Russia have lost their entire midfield to injury over the last few weeks and the average age of their squad is now over thirty .
    I expect it to be our easiest game especially if we hit them with pace.

My comment was semi tongue in cheek but after the squad he has picked i'm very worried it's going to be a case of shoe horn in our "best" players (and Rooney) rather than picking the right players for the formation. I hope I'm wrong as I like Roy but he really needs to show strength here. I fear unless we either put in a good performance and/or win comfortably in the first game the knives will be out for him. We should finish top very easily from that group, I have my doubts.
  • Options

Quarter finals as a minimum.
    Realistically, we should avoid any strong nations until that stage.

this - anything else a bonus and anything can happen
  • Options
    church to score the winner against england in the group stage. nailed on.
  • Options
    Quarter- finals.

We do have some exciting young attacking players but I fear that Roy may clutter things up in order to accommodate Rooney, rather than giving players like Varney and Dele Alli their head. There are, however, goals in this team. What I think will ultimately cost us is our inability to defend, particularly given the lack of class in central defence.
  • Options
    Knocked out in the last 16, quarters at very best.
  • Options
    I actually think the group will be harder than people think.
  • Options
    Slovakia will end our tournament
  • Options
    Pele reckons we'll struggle to reach a semi. #glasshouses
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2016

Slovakia will end our tournament

Wales havent beaten us in 30-years... Slovakia havent even drawn with us... Russia are the only team we need to be worried about in the Groups yet as mentioned previously they've lost a lot of players to injury and arent the youngest.

Only the two worst teams that finish third go home...

The last Competition which had that format was the 1994 World Cup, on that occasion it was Russia (with 3-points) and South Korea (with 2-points) that didnt progress so we only really need one win and a draw to get through.
  • Options
    For this tournament, I am going into it expecting us to fail. Hopefully this new approach for me will result in being proven wrong.
  • Options

For this tournament, I am going into it expecting us to fail. Hopefully this new approach for me will result in being proven wrong.

I do that supporting Charlton week in week out. I deserve a bit of success. England to smash everyone in their path I say.