Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Where to watch Euro 2016?

2»

Comments

• Belushis in Greenwich was great for the England/Italy game during the World Cup if you want a loud atmosphere (sounds like most on here don't!) DJ was playing all the great English songs in the build up, good if you want a night out from it as well. I'm heading there for the Russia game I think.

The Pelton Arms will also be showing England games on a big screen.
  • Always gone to the local pub for England matches for as long as I can remember. It's slightly different here, due to the transient nature of tourist towns, but there are still the regulars in, always good fun win or lose.
  • You can't beat a pub when England get knocked out and you get to throw your glass at the Tv and have a fight

Ahhhh The Rat & Parrot. Good times.
  • Indoors for the Russia game, City pub and back to work:-( for Wales, and Albany Park probably for the Slovakia game.

Drove past the Albany today. Am clearing out my Dads house round there. Lovely sandwich shop by the station I'd not seen before.

The Old Kings Head sounds good.

Where's the Fred pub in Bromley? Is it the one opposite Bromley South station?
  • Indoors for the Russia game, City pub and back to work:-( for Wales, and Albany Park probably for the Slovakia game.

Drove past the Albany today. Am clearing out my Dads house round there. Lovely sandwich shop by the station I'd not seen before.

The Fred is in the backstreets just before Sundridge Park roundabout if heading from Grove Park direction.

The one opposite Bromley South is a Wetherspoons but not too sure of the name.

Albany have got 5 screens up for the football.

• Blimey, good job I read this thread, as I'm in Eltham for the Russia game. The last time I watched an England game in an English pub was England v Scotland in central Newcastle during Euro 96. It was bloody fantastic. First time I'd been in a pub set up for the task, a long hall -like room, standing room only, with screens at several points, and big speakers. It was almost like being there, absolutely seething, and when Gazza scored that goal, everyone and their beer went flying.

Oh well, takeaway beer from the Long Pond, and back to my Mums then.
  • British Legion, Greenhithe, @Arsenetatters , welcome if you want to travel a little outside of Dartford
  • I really don't like watching any sport in pubs and especially England in football tournaments. I am very, very passionate about England footballwise, like my eldest son, and watching it with drunken knownothings does me 'ead in!

Pubs are for drinking, not TV or eating etc.
  • I've always found that pubs here are the worst place to watch 'big' England games - full of people who don't give two shits about England most of the year and then fill the pubs speaking bollocks/acting like twats.

I'll be in France for most games but the Slovakia game I'll watch indoors to save myself the pain of being surrounded by the aforementioned.

Enjoy though

Remember watching an England game in The Rose of Lee (Sports at the time)....got covered in beer when England scored, it was a 'bit' of a laugh at the time but prefer to watch indoors these days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Years ago I used to watch some games in the British Oak near Blackheath. Went in for one of the games and was the only one there. Sat down to watch it only to find they'd cancelled their Sky subscription. Had to leg it down to the pub at Blackheath Standard sharpish (can't remember pubs name?) It was packed.
  • The Alcatraz pub in Calella for me for the England games. If I can wrench the TV away from my mother in law and her addiction to reality TV, I might even watch a couple of the other games. Actually getting into this now.
  • Pub dodgers!

Anyway @MrLargo here's our post on the subject: http://deserter.co.uk/2016/06/euro-london-2016/

• The Standard?
  • I'll probably pop down to the Pelton Arms for tomorrow's game if they are going to have a big screen.
  • Ain't watched England in a pub since Argentina 98, fck that, never see any of the game, queueing is ridiculous, inevitable punch up outside the pub at 11pm between someone singing anti IRA songs and someone taking offence to it.
    Nah, takeaway, case of starpramen, projector.

Sorted, can't wait.

Ha! Sounds like the pub I was in in Bromley for that game. Seconds after batty missed that penalty someone launched a pint glass Begbie style that just missed my beautiful face by a few inches. Would have been a crime to the female species had I not feinted like a hybrid Muhammad Ali/ Nijinsky swiftly avoiding the glassing.
  • Vincenzo said:

Pub dodgers!

Anyway @MrLargo here's our post on the subject: http://deserter.co.uk/2016/06/euro-london-2016/

Brilliant work! I'll try and get to all of those. Will report back if I find a venue for any of the other nations, must be somewhere decent to watch the Turkish matches.
  • The Standard?

Belvedere? I was there for most of Italia '90 - apart from the semi final when we all went to the William Camden in Bexleyheath - great night till it all kicked off at the end when we got knocked out. :-(
  • Ain't watched England in a pub since Argentina 98, fck that, never see any of the game, queueing is ridiculous, inevitable punch up outside the pub at 11pm between someone singing anti IRA songs and someone taking offence to it.
    Nah, takeaway, case of starpramen, projector.

Sorted, can't wait.

Ha! Sounds like the pub I was in in Bromley for that game. Seconds after batty missed that penalty someone launched a pint glass Begbie style that just missed my beautiful face by a few inches. Would have been a crime to the female species had I not feinted like a hybrid Muhammad Ali/ Nijinsky swiftly avoiding the glassing.
    Also happened in a pub I was at in between Grove Park and Bromley called The Hungry Horse. Literally at the final whistle a pint glass flew through the air towards the tv. Left just as it was turning all Wild West!
  • I blame the French police.
  • Sponsored links:

• Semi-hijack... any suggestions for Southwark?
  • The Old King's Head in Borough has been mentioned.
  • Not related but..
  • edited June 2016
    Vincenzo said:

The Old King's Head in Borough has been mentioned.

The best bit about that place is during the day theres an office above looking down in envy.
  • I've decided on the George in Beckenham
  • O'Neills in Bromley in an hour or so :smile:
  • edited June 2016

Good mate of mine has just built a lovely summerhouse at the back of his garden,got a bar in it,flat screen tv,log burner,L shaped settee and a bbq on the patio,looking forward to Saturday night!

Can't beat an L shape sofa for snuggling up in front of the log burner with the mates to watch the footie, whilst chowing down on a fat sausage...

Ahem I mean... erm yeah whatever...
  • edited June 2016