Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Hopper's Hut Micropub, Sidcup

2»

Comments

• I actually walked past that parade a couple of weeks ago and thought there was scope there. Great position
  • Always a good idea to have a pub near a station.

Blimey - Sidcup's the new Shoreditch :wink:
  • Vincenzo said:

Always a good idea to have a pub near a station.

God no!!!

• Vincenzo said:

Always a good idea to have a pub near a station.

I'm, starting a beard first thing tomorrow !
  • There's the odd craft lager in the uk but strangely not taken off that much.

Fullers had London Lager last year as a big promotion and still serve it, it's got a quite bit more flavour than basic lager.

The Greenwich meantime IPA is not bad as what I think of as half lager half beer.

In other countries though craft lager seems to be a much bigger thing and I'm not sure why less so in the uk. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong micropubs

;)
  • I've no idea how it is classified......but I'm all over Beavertown Neck Oil whenever I find it.

I've never had the Neck Oil, but their Smogrocket is probably the best tinned beer I've ever had.
  • Isn't there a reason Uk craft lagers haven't taken off? Something to do with having to store them at the right temp for a while? "Lagering out" forgive me I know sod all about the brewing process
  • I thought it was more that your camra and casque mark types have worked on what's needed for years, and so far lager larger in the UK are generally happy with mass produced keg shit and lots of it.

So far the lager Drinkers unlike the bitter and cider drinkers have not really told the pubs they want better
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Am I in the minority that thinks the beer dished up by these pubs resembles dirty dishwater?

No matter how many times I've tried and still do when my father-in-law drags me to the One Inn The Wood, I just cant get my head around flat beer. I'm surprised its so popular.

Nope. Firmly with you on that one mate. It really is like opening a dishwasher half way through its cycle.

But of course, as always, each to their own.