Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Germany v Poland

Am I missing something and rules have changed or did Germany kick off and play the ball directly back to a midfield player, I thought it had to forward first?

Comments

• T.C.E said:

Am I missing something and rules have changed or did Germany kick off and play the ball directly back to a midfield player, I thought it had to forward first?

Rule change from June 1st. Ball doesn't need to go forward anymore.
  • My daughter who has never shown an interest pointed that out the other night night, I got the hump and said what you talking about and had to rewind it to shut her up.

Heard commentator saying rule change, ball doesn't have to now go forward from kick off.

Fcking pointless and ridiculous rule change.

If they've got time to change rules then sort the throw ins out, 75% must be foul throws now.
  • I agree with the new rule about it not being a red card for last man if a penalty is awarded. I always felt it was double punishment a penalty and red card. Last man outside the area then yes, red card, but not if it's a penalty.
  • I agree with the new rule about it not being a red card for last man if a penalty is awarded. I always felt it was double punishment a penalty and red card. Last man outside the area then yes, red card, but not if it's a penalty.

Especially for keepers who have to go for the ball, with the real risk of a red card if they slightly mistime the challenge
  • Thanks guys.
  • Where is Polish Pete ?
  • Helmuts!

triple jeopardy- red card, penalty and suspension- is the reason it was changed