Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mongolia changing to What3Words address system

Interesting and pioneering approach where the Mongolian post office will refer to every 9 square metre plot of land by a three word reference. So many Mongolians don't have addresses that this system should help them. No confusing numbers and names to remember, just three words. I like it. I wonder if it could work in the UK, not that there is a need for it I suppose.
http://qz.com/705273/mongolia-is-changing-all-its-addresses-to-three-word-phrases/

Comments

• Options
    I really liked Mongolia when I was there, but getting around was a nightmare. So this sounds like a good idea.
  • Options
    This is just a completely genius idea and rightly winning all the creativity awards going. Addresses are nonsense, too long and easy to forget. This idea solves it simply and perfectly.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Fantastic idea.
    But I notice in the example that they are using different tenses of verbs.
    So, if you get someone's address wrong now, the chances are that your neighbours will pop your mail through the letter box.
    So the Stade De France is Reporter.Smoked.Received.
    But where in the world is Reporter.Smokes.Receive? Will anyone know? How will they find out?
  • Options
  • Options
    Stig said:

cafcfan said:

Fantastic idea.
    But I notice in the example that they are using different tenses of verbs.
    So, if you get someone's address wrong now, the chances are that your neighbours will pop your mail through the letter box.
    So the Stade De France is Reporter.Smoked.Received.
    But where in the world is Reporter.Smokes.Receive? Will anyone know? How will they find out?

If you go to the website you can search for it. Reporter.Smokes.Receive is Carandotta a particularly isolated sheep shearing station in Queensland. Official population: 0, Nearest Village: Alpurrurulam (population 442) 60 miles away. The consequences of getting it wrong are quite high and I'm afraid you're probably going to miss the match.
    Yeah, that's my point really I suppose. If you haven't got a current address in the middle of Mongolia, are you going to have internet access to look up an address?
  • Options
    Chunes said:

This is just a completely genius idea and rightly winning all the creativity awards going. Addresses are nonsense, too long and easy to forget. This idea solves it simply and perfectly.

all you need for an accurate address in the UK is the postcode and building number
  • Options
    I like it! I'm not putting the whole address, but our bedroom is at ???.swooning.hunk Better than a personalised plate on the motor!!
  • Options
    It's not April 1st is it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Meanwhile live.love.laugh is 115 miles north west of Trondheim.
  • Options

Chunes said:

all you need for an accurate address in the UK is the postcode and building number
    I'd say "62 DA18 17P" is a lot harder to remember than sheep.running.quickly
  • Options
    Hung.Like.Horse.
    There, that's my new address sorted :wink:
    The wife wanted to add No.He.Isn't. but I explained it could only be 3 words :smile:
  • Options
    saying.goodbye.horses is just north of Kochi, Japan
  • Options

Chunes said:

Chunes said:

I'd say "62 DA18 17P" is a lot harder to remember than sheep.running.quickly
    But in real life we say 7 Acacia Gardens, Bexley. Even at my age I can remember that. I know how it relates to 9 Acacia Gardens and 11 Acacia Gardens and we know it's in Bexley. Fog, solace, pitchfork means absolutely sod all, especially if it's between driving, hatstand, lesbianism and haircut, marmoset, buttock... :wink:
    hahahaha .. your best EVER post Algarve.addick.acacia
  • Options
    Stig said:

Meanwhile live.love.laugh is 115 miles north west of Trondheim.

Just tried it and I got near Vibura in Tanzania...
  • Options
    Roland should take a look around quit.club.hurray ...
    ... pounds.prove.fans seems apposite
  • Options
    Valley Floyd Road comes up as Happy Press Roof
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I suppose Selhurst Park would be Massive Knob Heads
  • Options
    More fucking buffonery!!

JUST REMEMBER WHERE YOU LIVE WANKERS!!!!
  • Options
    An area of the Covered End goal-line is called:

Super. Famed. Blues.

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    minute.rift.jets is my address

The other half of the semi-detached is window.bars.feels

Somehow I don't see this catching on in London anytime soon.

• Options
    Another one in front of the West is;

Gifts. Eagles. Clear.

It's a conspiracy.
  • Options
    Imagine falling into a taxi after one too many.

Try saying Eleven Benevolent Elephants after a few.