Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Jewel Resigns

Now what the F*** is that all about? He and Mr JJB seemed best buddies last night!

Comments

• Options
    sensible.

done his job, ready to move on up the ladder with CV looking good.

Football management to me at the top level is probably one of the most pressurised jobs i could ever imagine. I don't know how any of them manage to sleep, and you never get to shut off, even on holiday in pre-season your mobile will be going constant.

I'm staggered when you don't see managers have a break every couple of years.
  • Options
    i hope wigan don't come after pardew
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]i hope wigan don't come after pardew
    I'd hope pardew wouldnt go there
  • Options
    Warnock could end up at Wigan, can see it now
  • Options
    be Man City manager
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]

You're joking?
  • Options
    Jewell was talking to Alan Brazil on Talksport at about 9.30am this morning saying how great it was working at Wigan & he had the best Chairman/ Manager relationship in Country.........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]

You're joking?

you really think Pards would be interested in Wigan ? Can't see it at all
  • Options
    Man City is done and dusted I've just heard from a reliable Fleet St source....
  • Options
    Wigan called a 3.00pm press conference to clarify Jewell's postition.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    supposedly mike newell installed today - wtf?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]supposedly mike newell installed today - wtf?!

I thought Murray might have offered the job to Parkinson first if Pardew was going to Wigan but if it's Newell then so be it :- )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]

You're joking?

Eh?! Course i'm not, i wouldnt see Wigan as a step up even if they are in the Prem
  • Options
    One of many moves in the managerial merry-go-round that's going to happen this season...

Newcastle, Bolton, Wigan... who next?
  • Options
    I don't think that it's beyond the realms of possibility that Pards may go there. I've had a niggling doubt as to whether he was in it for the long term with us and the fact he was on a big bonus to keep us up may have tempted him to give it a go. Managing in the Prem would be a big draw even if it was with Wigan. I've also always wondered why Parky was happy to be a number 2 again when he'd been a Manager and was offered the posts at Northampton and Huddersfield. Was he promised the top job with us if Pards went. Good reason to stay if so, if not wouldn't you want to be numero uno elsewhere. Just a thought.
  • Options
    I think when Parky signed his new contract a couple of months ago (was it really that long ago?) that he was probably promised first refusal on Pards' job if/when he moved-on.
  • Options
    I have to say that I agree with your thoughts Large.Pards is a very ambitious manager, and I'm not sure ours can match his to be honest.I think part of him is still at Upton Park.Would love him to stay but am also prepared for the worst.
  • Options
    If pards moves on his reputation will suffer, mind you if he doesn't it might too...

:D

He's staying though..
  • Options
    He has to stay. We desperately need some form of stability. He's said a lot in the last few months and its essential they don't prove to be hollow words.
  • Options
    I just can't see him fancying the Wigan job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    See how much fun it is being in the Championship - we're fretting over our manager leaving us for Wigan.
  • Options
    that's why the new signing fell through. You heard it here first.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]that's why the new signing fell through. You heard it here first.

You think Jewell was the new signing ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]that's why the new signing fell through. You heard it here first.

Delighted you're such an optimist, Large. Looking forward to experiencing your own managerial style next week...
  • Options
    pards words so we can forget about him leaving.

"I hope everyone has a good break over the summer, and I'll see you next season."
  • Options
    Jeez, what a load of alarmist nonsense is being spouted on here about Pardew.

Admittedly, if a bigger Prem club came in for him (which is unlikely unless he takes us up and keeps us up) then he might get a bit itchy but there's no point him going from Charlton to Wigan, its the most sideways of sideways moves.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Jeez, what a load of alarmist nonsense is being spouted on here about Pardew.

Admittedly, if a bigger Prem club came in for him (which is unlikely unless he takes us up and keeps us up) then he might get a bit itchy but there's no point him going from Charlton to Wigan, its the most sideways of sideways moves.

Agree totally. Come on guys lets get real here. He ain't going to Wigan.