Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Meire cleans up Google again

Comments

• That is the best shot of that by miles.its fantastic and should be framed in the museum and later on the home dressing room wall when she has gone.
  • edited October 2016
    That made me laugh out loud :smiley:
    There's too many clever, witty resourceful Charlton fans out there for this lot to contend with.
    And it does not help that the regime lot are utterly inept in the first place.
  • mogodon said:

Just in case it is cleaned up in the next few minutes ...

Work of a genius that.
  • Back to having a PHD again.

It'll be Doctor Meire next.
  • edited October 2016
    so much time on keeping her 'CV' clean, when does she ever get to do any work at Charlton?
  • Addickted said:

Back to having a PHD again.

It'll be Doctor Meire next.

Quite likely the most self obsessed woman on the planet................
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2016
    It's our friend Joseph putting the same crap about her PhD in the article.. again. I added a note to the Discussion section of the page - here - and will remove it myself.

This Joseph fella is a bit fecking weird.
  • LuckyReds said:

It's our friend Joseph putting the same crap about her PhD in the article.. again. I added a note to the Discussion section of the page - here - and will remove it myself.

I wonder, is he paid by all those people to look after their wiki page?
  • Who's Joseph?
  • LoOkOuT said:

Who's Joseph?

God knows :wink:
  • LoOkOuT said:

Who's Joseph?

Someone on Wikipedia who is guarding Katrien's page, but rather than sticking to the facts he keeps claiming she got a PhD in 2007. When people have removed it, he's inserted it back in. He seems to love Wikipedia though, so fair play to him.. it just seemed a bit.. {...}
  • There are companies employed by corporates, agents, PR/marketing outfits etc whose role it is to constantly trawl Wikipedia and make sure their clients entries are 'cleansed' so anything negative is removed and replaced with positive text. As this is technically not allowed, they will do this under the guise of individuals. Struggle to think that even Squirrel Face is no self obsessed as to pay for this, but can see why the club's PR would.
  • Sponsored links:

• mogodon said:

There are companies employed by corporates, agents, PR/marketing outfits etc whose role it is to constantly trawl Wikipedia and make sure their clients entries are 'cleansed' so anything negative is removed and replaced with positive text. As this is technically not allowed, they will do this under the guise of individuals. Struggle to think that even Squirrel Face is no self obsessed as to pay for this, but can see why the club's PR would.

I think she would, she is obsessed with her CV
  • mogodon said:

There are companies employed by corporates, agents, PR/marketing outfits etc whose role it is to constantly trawl Wikipedia and make sure their clients entries are 'cleansed' so anything negative is removed and replaced with positive text. As this is technically not allowed, they will do this under the guise of individuals. Struggle to think that even Squirrel Face is no self obsessed as to pay for this, but can see why the club's PR would.

I think it's very possible, especially in lieu of any positive achievement beyond sucking up to a very wealthy man
  • mogodon said:

I think it's very possible, especially in lieu of any positive achievement beyond sucking up to a very wealthy man
    Once Uncle Roland goes, she will have no support so she needs a clean CV
  • stonemuse said:

mogodon said:

Once Uncle Roland goes, she will have no support so she needs a clean CV
    Exactly, she hasn't been able to earn credibility so will pay for the impression of it.
  • I don't know enough about search engines to know if Googling "Katrien Meire is a liar" once a day makes a difference but I do it anyway.
  • Apologies for being a bit lazy, but has anyone got news articles relating to the Pinocchio masks and other strategies aimed directly at her?

I've just seen that the following sentence has been removed from her Wikipedia automatically: "Meire was mocked during 2016 by fans wearing Pinocchio masks to signify that they thought she told constant lies.". So I'm going to try and refactor the Controversy section, but throw in some more citations and see if I can get it to stick. (The claims about her PhD haven't returned, even though Joseph has edited the page since.. so if he is acting under instruction/incentive, then he's diligent enough not to outright lie and/or remove valid statements.)
  • LuckyReds said:

stonemuse said:

LuckyReds said:

I wonder, is he paid by all those people to look after their wiki page?
    Not a clue. It crossed my mind too though, as his contributions are equivalent to a full time job as far as I can see.

Looking about online, there's nothing he's reviewed on Amazon that hints at what his job is.. just he's very thrifty and likes to bulk buy his shower gel in packs of six. (Not sure whether that makes him weirder, or incredibly clever...) He also likes card games, and has livestreamed a few weird role-playing games online.

That said, I see he's attended a London Wikipedia meetup and - funnily - is mocked on the satirical Encyclopedia Dramatica as a "Verified Dick"; due to how strict he is at enforcing the rules on random pages he comes across. So I guess he's big in the Wikipedia scene? Eh?

He was also trying to develop an iPhone (or iPad?) application over the summer, but ran in to problems in August and didn't seem to get any help online. So I guess he enjoys technology.

To be entirely honest, I'm not sure - and without being harsh on the fella - I think he may just really fucking love Wikipedia. Each to their own! :neutral:
    This made me laugh, deserves endless LOL's.
  • Why?

Is it Driesen?
  • edited October 2016
    '
  • olster said:

Anyway, the bloke who made the page also added in the PHD line.

The katien meire page seems to be a bit of an odd one for him to make, he usually writes about cricket.

I'm sure the page will be locked soon - but it could still be filled out with actual quotes.

Plus it would be shame not to have a photo of her, I think this one would work well:

you need a confirmed wikipedia account to upload a photo unfortunately

You could always make it your Avatar.

;o)