Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cameron resigns

Comments

• Options
    Rizzo said:

Boris was one of the most pro europeans in the Conservative party until recently, I think people assume he will be leader but if the choice is between Brexiters, I think Gove may have a shout. Some people in the Conservative party will Love Johnson, some will not forgive him!

If Gove gets the job he may just be even more unelectable than Milliband was!

Not if Corbyn is still in charge!
  • Options
    So hopefully ozzy will be next
    Cameron will go down as a failure
    Still Blair has the report out soon and his arse will be toast
  • Options
    Has Pinocchio resigned yet?
  • Options
    He had to go, it was his mistake in calling the referendum that has given him the wrong vote as he sees it.
  • Options
    Resigns? Didn't know he played for us in the first place....
  • Options

He was right to resign but so should Corbyn for his pathetic remain campaign. ( and I'm a labour supporter)

You're not getting rid of him that easily
  • Options

Has Pinocchio resigned yet?

Fingers crossed
    Trouble is Dave was only a prime minister this lady ain't for turning
    Oops wrong pm!
  • Options
    time for a general election .. 4 out of 5 MPs of all parties were in favour of IN .. how can they be trusted to carry out the wish of the OUTERS ? .. also ..
    Scotland was the region most in favour of Cameron's IN view, yet there are a miniscule number of tory voters in Scotland ..
    the Welsh '1st minister' says what a disaster the OUT vote is, yet the Welsh voted OUT OUT OUT ..
    and while we are at it, reform the house of snoring lazy old feckers, a k a the 'lords' and have a referendum on the basis that when the queen dies, the notion of 'monarchy and 'aristocracy' die along with her...
    Bizarre times people, time for WHOLESALE changes while there is a mood for it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    About the only saving grace is that the referendum campaign has probably done for Osborne's chances.
  • Options
    Salad said:

Boris was one of the most pro europeans in the Conservative party until recently, I think people assume he will be leader but if the choice is between Brexiters, I think Gove may have a shout. Some people in the Conservative party will Love Johnson, some will not forgive him!

Boris is such a slimy, two-faced opportunist shrewd politician.

I'm sure that's what you meant to say, you just type the wrong words ;)
  • Options

He was right to resign but so should Corbyn for his pathetic remain campaign. ( and I'm a labour supporter)

But what about Alan Johnson who was leading the 'Labour In' campaign - why no finger pointing at him...?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34968668
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Curbs 16/1

Lol
  • Options
    Time for Allardyce to steady the ship...
  • Options
    edited June 2016

• Options
    micks1950 said:

But what about Alan Johnson who was leading the 'Labour In' campaign - why no finger pointing at him...?

He isn't the leader of The Labour Party last time I checked.
  • Options

micks1950 said:

He isn't the leader of The Labour Party last time I checked.
    And of course he isn't - but it does raise the question of why there's been no spotlight on Johnson who supposedly led the 'Labour In' campaign....?
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Farage defect to conservatives and him make a bid for prime minister. This is his vision remember and conservative are just about right wing enough to be able to handle him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I wouldn't be surprised to see Farage defect to conservatives and him make a bid for prime minister. This is his vision remember and conservative are just about right wing enough to be able to handle him

Do you not need to be an elected member of parliament to become PM?
  • Options
    Margaret Hodge one of the two Labour MPs who have submitted a vote of no confidence in Corbyn - apparently for failing to convince voters to back Remain - would seem to have little sense of irony (or perhaps shame).

Hodge is the MP for Barking - part of the borough of Barking and Dagenham which voted 62.4% to Leave the EU......
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

This rankles me. Leavers bleat on about unelected politicians – what about the House of Lords?

I thought they were elected by politicians.
  • Options
    Labour need to get rid of Corbyn now. They don't have too many with the right persona - Umanna definitely has it - he decided not to stand as leader originally, but his country needs him now.
  • Options
    I think this has demonstrated how out of touch the likes of Abbott and Corbyn are from the real labour support. The best thing they could do would be to reevaluate their values and really look at what their supporters want.. And that's not Corbyn.
  • Options

Labour need to get rid of Corbyn now. They don't have too many with the right persona - Umanna definitely has it - he decided not to stand as leader originally, but his country needs him now.

So the answer to winning back disaffected Labour voters in the North-East, Midlands and Wales who voted 'Leave', is to replace Corbyn (who described his support for remaining in the EU as about "seven, or seven and a half" out of 10) with a London-based playboy (who famously complained about the lack of “decent” clubs in the capital as they were "full of trash and C-list wannabes") and would seem to support the EU '10 out of 10'......?

http://www.scotsman.com/news/uk/chuka-umunna-sorry-for-london-nightclubs-comment-1-2879699
  • Options
    Out of the frying pan, into the fire
  • Options
    I'm no labour supporter but they are becoming more and more irrelevant both as an opposition and as a potential party of power.

Good thing some of you may say but the vacuum leaves the Tories free reign to do what they like and in-fight why Rome burns.

Effective democracy needs effective opposition.

Alan Johnston or Dan Javis could attract popular support in the country (from traditional labour and non-traditional labour supporters) and maybe from MPs but not from the party membership hence why they have Corbyn instead.