Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lionel Messi

Comments

• Options
    Retires from international football and takes up breaking rocks in a prison yard!
  • Options
    I'm not sure about Messi. Is he a bad loser? I remember when Argentina lost to Germany in the last World Cup he pouted all the way up to get his medal and all the way down again. He did the same yesterday.
  • Options
    Messi the tax cheat. Don't knowif there is another thread about this, but he and his dad have been found guilt of tac fraud. Despite the fact that they have robbed the Spanish state of 4m euros purely for avarice, which could have paid for a lot of needy things over here, Barcelona FC have launched a campaign #WeAreAll LionelMessi. Nice to see a few Catalans have actually denounced this, and pointed out that not everyone is fleecing the system, but as usual here, the Barça fans see this as an attack by Madrid on their player. On the Brexit thread, someone asked if the Spanish blamed the EU for the mess they are in. Answer being that the EU could never do as much damage to Spain as the Spanish do themselves. And the response to it that it's actually someone elses fault is very typical. There are uncounted corruption cases ongoing here. What makes it painfull is the number of sycophants who rally round the guilty.
    Unique.
  • Options

Messi the tax cheat. Don't knowif there is another thread about this, but he and his dad have been found guilt of tac fraud. Despite the fact that they have robbed the Spanish state of 4m euros purely for avarice, which could have paid for a lot of needy things over here, Barcelona FC have launched a campaign #WeAreAll LionelMessi. Nice to see a few Catalans have actually denounced this, and pointed out that not everyone is fleecing the system, but as usual here, the Barça fans see this as an attack by Madrid on their player. On the Brexit thread, someone asked if the Spanish blamed the EU for the mess they are in. Answer being that the EU could never do as much damage to Spain as the Spanish do themselves. And the response to it that it's actually someone elses fault is very typical. There are uncounted corruption cases ongoing here. What makes it painfull is the number of sycophants who rally round the guilty.
    Unique.

That hashtag is sickening. He has got a slap on the wrist more or less for committing tax fraud, why should they feel sorry for him? Delusional at best. Should have been made an example of.

What did his dad get, considering he piled all the blame on him?
  • Options
    I thought I read they both got the same sentence, dad got fined EUR 1.5m rather than the EUR 2.2m messi got fined.

Both going to appeal.
  • Options
    They shall not pass
    We will fight them on the beaches...
    He who dares....
    I may be gone some time
    I missed a penalty, I'm off.
  • Options
    Oh, we won the Falklands war.
  • Options

What a sad day it will be when this man retires. Best there is. Best there has been.

Amazing to watch

Cronaldo is all about pace and power but Messi is unbelievably technical. Just mesmerising. True pleasure to watch and I hope there are similar players in the future. He was so up for this Classico it was unreal

• Options
    Swisdom said:

What a sad day it will be when this man retires. Best there is. Best there has been.

Amazing to watch

Cronaldo is all about pace and power but Messi is unbelievably technical. Just mesmerising. True pleasure to watch and I hope there are similar players in the future. He was so up for this Classico it was unreal

Dybala looks like the future. Watch his goal today for Juventus.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Amazing to watch

Ronaldo is good because he's put the hours in training and worked at his game to become a better player.

Messi though just appears to be a natural talent
  • Options
    Up there with Pele as the best player ever
  • Options

Up there with Pele as the best player ever

I can't argue with that comparison - but would add Georgie to the argument.
  • Options
    Up there with Maradona for me
  • Options
    Thank goodness he hasn't got that poxy dyed hair
  • Options
    Too short for Charlton.
  • Options
    We had the option to sign Messi last year, but Dreisden thought Naby Sarr was a far better player on FIFA so we got him instead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One of the best celebrations I've ever seen. Completely justified arrogance.
  • Options
    Everyone should appreciate that we live in the same era as Messi, what an absolute genius
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

Everyone should appreciate that we live in the same era as Messi, what an absolute genius

Can't disagree. Both goals were excellent technically. He gets the shit kicked out of him every game I watch but he just adores the game, gets up and carries on.

The kind of player we all wish we were in our heads
  • Options
    Scuffed it to me
  • Options
    By far the best of a generation and it's not even close.
  • Options

By far the best of a generation and it's not even close.

Cristiano Ronaldo runs him close but Messi has the edge.

• Options
    Big_Bob said:

Ronaldo isn't grateful.
  • Options
    An 'average' season he's having, some said. Top scorer in La Liga this season. Top scorer in the Champions League this season. In both cases, comfortably.

The best.