Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Could we see our biggest away attendances of all time this season

2»

Comments

• Options

I won't be going to home games (unless there's a REALLY GOOD protest planned), and I'm definitely going to be going to more away games than I usually do. Won't be all of them, but I think I'm on course to make about half... Doubt we'll notice any massive increase in numbers overall though, especially for the longer trips...

The Liar bed sheet will never be beaten.
  • Options
    I usually only do one or two away a season, but next year planning five or six now that I haven't renewed my ST.
  • Options
    Many posts on this and other threads refer to people not putting money into Roland's pocket by boycotting home games, yet will be going to away games. The implication of this statement is that Charlton FC do not get any revenue from tickets bought by away fans.

Can somebody explain to me the level of income, if any, that Charlton FC receive in their coffers for the sale of tickets for away games, please. Thanks
  • Options
    Right I've done the maths taken into account if it's a Tuesday and the time of year etc and going in the brave assumption that we are doing "reasonably" well. Feel free to challenge me on this.

Average away figure: 978
  • Options
    Club looking for a volunteer to co-ordinate rail travel to away games.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charltin-rail-travel-3161407.aspx
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

Can somebody explain to me the level of income, if any, that Charlton FC receive in their coffers for the sale of tickets for away games, please. Thanks

Zero. Cup games are 50/50.

Charlton do charge £1.50 for a phone order which could make 'not a penny more' difficult.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Club looking for a volunteer to co-ordinate rail travel to away games.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charltin-rail-travel-3161407.aspx

Is there any point? Syd barely had half a dozen customers by the end of the season and people can get much better deals elsewhere without paying for the stewards ticket on top as well.

The train threads on here are well informed, up to date and gives everyone plenty of notice.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

The argument that our attendance up north and away from home are poor could all change this season
    With so many people not getting season tickets I would expect to see more fans on the road
    And I really wouldn't be supprised on the opening day of the season to see over 1,000 fans at Bury
    Nobody wants to be in League one, and I think it's vital to support the team away from home this season with the focus being on that rarther then the owners, we know to well what a shit pig this league is.

I'm one who will do the majority of away games this season, and I look forward to meeting fellow fans on my travels

/Matt

We have one of the bottom 10 of the 92 of percentage away to home support.
    Not anymore mate, Katrien's sorted that.

Last season
    Let's say home crowds were somewhere between 11k and 13k (that's probably about halfway between the actual and what Katrien was announcing).
    Away support = about 600 average I'm guessing
    600 is 4.61% of 13,000

Next season
    Home crowds of around 3,000
    Away support remains at around 600
    Away to home support ratio is now 20%.

Katrien has quite brilliantly grown our away support ratio by 15%. Thank you Katrien.
    She'll have grown the ratio by a bit over 300% - it will be four-and-a-bit times larger than before.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

PeterGage said:

Zero. Cup games are 50/50.

Charlton do charge £1.50 for a phone order which could make 'not a penny more' difficult.
    Thanks